I am so touched by the Pope here in the U.S. It is hard to tear myself away from each new appearance and I marvel that he has the strength to put in these huge days! It is truly the Holy Spirit at work and the wind beneath his wings. It is so marvelous to see the faces of those in Congress smiling and listening intently to him and today nations of the world likewise smiling and applauding and truly listening with their hearts. Yes, he did mention LIFE!

A picture taken in Philadelphia where he will be heading for the forum on The Family... truly the heart of his visit and the healing that needs to take place in our families/domestic Church.
I do feel tremendous HOPE fill me on this occasion of his visit here. I am sad that none of my girls or John have cable and cannot be following his words and actions. To hear him has led me to a place of confidence in his Papacy, and a better understanding of where he comes from and how that influences his concern for the environment and the marginalized. I recall how touched and moved Pat was after his trip to Guatemala and the degradation brought upon the native people there. Yes, we need to not become too comfortable in our wealth. Lord, show me how to better give til it hurts!
Lord, bring peace into the world through each of our efforts - most especially by protecting all life from conception to natural death. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb
No comments:
Post a Comment