My camera was on this cool setting as I grabbed a picture of my granddaughter, Rose, in the pickup as she went with her mom and little brother to pick up bales this morning. The effect of her meeting in the clouds is so special that I used it a few more times on this day on the road! Why?... picking up bales, then to the doctor to check out my foot, then to Ghent to try to get Hallel some sandals, then in the other direction to visit John in Tracy at his new home and job. All that time in the car... almost all 10 decades of my rosary are done in my chapel on wheels!
Fun with Luke on the "bouncy seat tractor" -so named by his older brother, Simon, years ago. Luke loves it too!
A perfect height for the little boys to turn the wheel and go "brumm-brumm!"
The cows minus their calves are now in the lush grass in the front pasture. Ruth felt sorry for the big engorged bags on the cows as their calves are now away from them in the barn. Lots of mooing around here these days!
A double up and down reflection picture of the chapel in Ghent of Mary the Morning Star Community. How did I end up there today? I called Rome and talked to Hallel about her cousin coming to Europe. She mentioned a birthday package I would be sending - her 30th birthday is in a week! Yes, I am working on it. "Could you get me a pair of sandals that those sisters make and send them to me?" So I found myself knocking on their door today!
Now their shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe in reflected study.... As I waited for the Sister to talk to, I was blessed with prayer time in their chapel. When I met with the sister about Hallel's sandals I recalled that it was exactly this day - 9-11-08 that Susan flew to France to join The Community of the Lamb. Yes, it is a powerful anniversary of the twin towers in 2001, and also of the day that Hallel left for Saint Pierre 7 years later, and now it is the 7th anniversary of her leaving on this date! To be sitting in a convent visiting with a Sister about her sandals on this day was a true special gift to me, and once again I was amazed at the timing of the Lord in blessing me with little echoes of His touch in my life!
You see I had fun with the new cool setting on my camera...
Great readings from mass today! I loved the Psalm 16...
You show me the path to life,
fullness of joys in your presence,
the delights at your right hand forever.
You are my inheritance, O Lord.
So fitting when I think of my Hallel and her being a spouse of Jesus!
It looks like a bean field on a lake reflecting the sky, but it is just me having fun with this setting on my camera on this spectacular day!
The Gospel is the part of the sermon on the Mount in Luke 6 about the splinter in our eyes... so fitting today as I also was able to share with Sister about John's journey finding Faith through brain cancer/healing! I thought that his double vision was due to an old eye injury where he had a stick poked into his eye! We found out on Father's Day 2009 that it was a rare brain cancer!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
The bean fields are becoming a beautiful golden sight!
Jesus, St Paul reminds us this day in his letter to Timothy that we can look to his example of being called, forgiven and used my you to be a light! I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and an arrogant man, but I have been mercifully treated because I acted out of ignorance in my unbelief. Indeed, the grace of our Lord has been abundant, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. I Tim 1:12-14 Yes, we are forgiven and may we in return forgive! Hallel reminded me on the phone today - "Mom, remember that wounded we do not cease to love." I get hurt/wounded by words that criticize me, but I must continue to love and forgive. We need to look to the example of the perfect Lamb that was sacrificed for us! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
John in his office... today he gained prayers from the Sisters of Mary the Morning Star, and from our family of The Community of the Lamb in KC and in Rome! He has a prayer army surrounding him with prayers. Those prayers got him through brain cancer, and now the wind beneath his wings on this new job and Director of Religious Education for Tracy/Milroy/Walnut Grove! Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Abundant beautiful LIFE fills my world with wonder and awe!
Ain't LIFE grand!
The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment