John came for supper and the night so we had Ruth and the kids over for supper and rescuing a cat from the apple tree by the garden. The scene sure looks fall like with the golden corn fields and the bean fields and the leaves starting to turn. I love fall, and it is a glorious day today! It started with wonderful mass shared with Ruth, Paul and their 5 - filling a pew at mass with family is a wonderful amazing gift!
I thought we would eat outside last night in the wonderful fall evening, but the Pope was on and we shared that experience together. 6'4" John did get one of my few apples for Rose to eat, so I did get to enjoy my pretty centerpiece...
7 year old David is invited to a birthday party for one of his classmates today, but he isn't sure if he will go or farm with his dad. Paul's boys take their farming seriously.
Mary and Rose eating apples at the fall decorated picnic table... love the facial expressions of sisters interacting.
Rose looked so pretty for church, and she posed for grandma at breakfast after mass. I was very touched, once again, by the fact that Ruth's kids are having the same life she grew up with. Simon was talking about how they went to Camden and swam in the pool and went for a hike. "Simon, you have the same life your mom grew up with." "Why?" "You live on the farm, you go to the same Catholic School, you go to Camden all the time just like your mom..." "Do you think that your mom had a good life growing up?" "Yes, I do." says Simon smiling.
No more high chair for Luke - he sits up and the table and is so charming. Pat and I were so smitten by a little 2 year old boy walking up the Communion line ahead of dad with his little hands folded and getting a blessing from Father. Luke is just about as sweet and charming in his sweet happy smiling ways!
Can you imagine how glorious it is to have Ruth and family so close and to see my family life when my kids were around me lived out again? How l loved my nest years and to see Ruth and Paul embrace that life - shows how much they loved it and desire it now with their kids. What is really mind-blowing about the patterns of LIFE is that our 5 kids - mine and Ruth's - are each within 9 years from oldest to youngest! I am humbled by the ways and patterns of our life.
Another special time sharing Eucharist with Pat's mom this morning. Pat holding her hand while he leads the Communion service and reads the readings and shares the homily...
We were visiting about John's new job as DRE for Tracy/Milroy/Walnut Grove... It just seems to be such a good fit as he is working in The Church, with youth, and able to share his story. He eats lunch with the grade school kids each day, he can go to daily mass now, he has many opportunities to share his light as part of his "work." He seems to be excited and happy and feeling like he has found a good fit for his call to love and serve The Lord! How we have prayed for this to happen for John, and we continue to pray and trust.
Talking today about how mom is ready to go and see all those awaiting her in heaven, "but all we can do is wait - I am a tough old bird!" We mentioned dad and her son, Donny, her parents, her brothers and sisters... when you are 96 in a few days you have many awaiting you. One thing mom doesn't look at quite the same as me is the losses we both had in our childbearing years and seeing them in heaven... I think of it often and it keeps my eyes focused on heaven, but for mom it is of minor concern. I will smile thinking about those lives she will encounter there - at least 3 that I know of!
"The Body of Christ." "Amen"
I had the powerful experience of sharing with a closed group of loss through miscarriage, stillbirth, infertility about my journey. I feel that I am at a different perspective as I am through them and now able to look back and reflect... Here is what I had to say...
Dear sisters of loss...
Where do I begin? I must share with you that I am at a place I prayed so hard for at your age in the midst of my childbearing years. How often after one of my losses - 7 in heaven and 5 here with me -would I long that I could see ahead 10 years and see how it was all going to turn out? Familiar? I now can see with eyes of Faith as I am now the grandmother of 12 with one more in the womb.
The stage was set on our first date sharing the same values - Our Catholic Faith, openness to family, and the farm. I will share my blog page devoted to this story rather than share all that I long to share with you... http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cro… The motto for our marriage is truly this - "The world needs lights!" It gave us the strength to take each life in the womb - 12 of them - love them openly... sharing their existence from the moment we knew they were there, sharing the pain of loss as a family, and as a result we now value each other on such a deep level and ALL LIFE!
Our 4 daughters are the ages of many of you women sharing here... the 3 older are married and carrying forth Catholic homes - open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS. The youngest is a nun in Rome! After the 4 girls came John... there were two boys after him that lived in the womb til 5 months. William and Robert are buried in the Catholic Cemetery - stillborn and joining the other 5 to welcome us to heaven someday. Our eyes are truly looking to heaven and their prayers are assisting us there. I must need a lot of prayers! Yes!
I would love to correspond with any of you who would like the perspective of one now looking back and seeing the Lord's plan was truly a Cross in my life which brought me to a place of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! Sharing that as a family has brought us to a shared Faith in the True Church and all The Truth it holds out to us... as The Church is there to help us get to heaven forever with Jesus, and each of our sweet angels Saints that have gone before us.
Jesus, may our sharing in this group of loss from which we gain LIFE be a way of supporting one another on this journey of Faith and Family. May we find The JOY of loving you and sharing The Truth in the midst of our domestic Church/family... where we are called to raise LIGHTS for the world of sin/darkness/death. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
In the Gospel for today Jesus speaks of giving a drink of water "because you belong to Christ," and "causes one of these little ones to sin," or if one of our members causes us to sin to cut it off... There are many that we can touch in our lives by doing small things with great love! Watching the Holy Father reach out to these small, poor, sick, weak, down trodden... may we follow suit!
Jesus, thank you for the example of The Holy Father in how we are to forgive and love and give a drink of water to those who thirst for the Truth. It is so obvious that Pope Francis sees you, O Lord, in these suffering sick and the little ones - he wholeheartedly embraces them with so much love and concern for them! Jesus, we love you and are so hopeful for your Church that many may come back or come for the first time into The True Church! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
With so much goodness and joy from my life before, now, and to come - looking to heaven forever with my little ones, sister, and Jesus with our Spiritual Mother of heaven and earth... I am overwhelmed with LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!

Yes! It is truly hardest to love those closest to you in your domestic Church/family.

Yes!!! This is where I get my strength each day!
Laura Story - Blessings
Laura Story - What a Savior
Danielle Rose - Small Things with great love

Bishop Barron is good at getting these out there!

Jordan Feliz - the River


No comments:
Post a Comment