Sunday, September 13, 2015

Take up the Cross... ready, set, lift/drag!

 3 year old Rose gives Great-grandma a hug when we arrive for breakfast, visiting and sharing Communion.  Pat's mom is a part of our Sundays... primo family time sharing our Faith!
 Pat picked some random ears of corn from the field where he was cutting hay last night.  His mother is really interested in how wonderful the crop looks this year.  Paul shows how you can count the kernels and predict bushels per acre.  Farm lesson around the breakfast table. 
 Luke shows grandma and mom a beautiful ear of corn - "Rain makes grain." Pat's motto seems to be coming true with the good rains we have gotten all summer long!
 I told Pat that I am really pumped for today leading into the next two days in The Church!  Today in the Gospel Jesus tells us; Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me.  For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and that of the gospel will save it.  Mark 8:35

Tomorrow is The Exultation of The Cross, and then on the 15th/Tuesday/Pat's 61st birthday is Our Lady of Sorrows!  I am super excited to continue to LIFT that Cross and embrace it to find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! 
 RaTerra teaching the kids how to steam vegetables!  Yes, there are a lot of home/family times shared with our 4 generations gathered around Pat's amazing mother!
 My girls and John are especially close to their grandma... growing up with her always in their lives - on the farm canning together, sharing our faith, and her presence at all of their school events over the years.  Ruth and I understand her ups and downs these days as nurses that work with those that are walking into the sunset of their lives with a body that is getting worn out.
A sweet soft picture of two beautiful ladies separated by 60 years, but united in Faith/Family/Farm - all that really matters in LIFE!

Jesus, how am I so excited for the difficult task you have given us to take up our cross and follow after you?  Yes, I am pretty weak and do drag my cross and not get it up there on my shoulders very much... but I do drag it and stop to take a breath and wipe my brow and yes to complain and whine and maybe say some harsh words about this difficult and painful place I find myself... but I do see and know that through The Cross we find LIFE and LOVE and LIGHT and Jesus and His Bride, The Church, there to help us get to heaven forever!  Give me the strength to die to self on my cross and then be raised with the Spirit at work in me!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
"Faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead."  James 2  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke


Peter Mayer - Holy now
Danielle Rose - True Love - The Cross!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment