Wednesday, September 16, 2015

messy breakfast and diapers in the tractor - vindicated by what really matters


 Borrowing a picture of Nancy's today as Rose is there for the week visiting with her cousins.  The other 4 are with grandpa and grandma on the farm, so while the older 3 are at school, Luke and I hang out helping grandpa and having adventures together.

 Driving the kids to school this morning I was pondering the mess I had left in the kitchen after quickly feeding 6 of us and rushing out the door.  Last night for grandpa's birthday supper - it was like a bomb went off after we had our farm dinner complete with 2 birthday cakes!  After spending time with my parents I am always amazed at the beautiful table she sets with napkins and silverwear on the right side of the plate and a salad plate and dessert plate... I don't remember if she managed that with 11 kids to feed, but I also don't remember the disaster that I seem to have after big meals.  I guess that is just me, and the idea of taking the time to make a nice table to go with the nice meal is more than I can handle.  There is such a feeling of relief when it all cleaned up and the table is washed off, and the pots and pans washed!
 Out to see the calves with Luke... he is not afraid to be in the feed bunk which reminds me of his older sister, Mary!
 Feeding a cute calf by a cute boy...

There was a word today that is both the first reading from I Timothy and from Luke... "vindicated" and the meaning is clear (someone) of blame or suspicion.  Both instances are speaking to the fact that Jesus is truly God!  Who was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the spirit, seen my angels, proclaimed to the Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory.  I Tim 3:16
 The beans are turning and golden these days... this morning a lot of the leaves have blown off with all the wind we had over the last 24 hours!
 Picking a few bean pods on our adventure.
 Luke helped with grandpa's birthday present - cleaning the shop!
 Off to bale.  It got to dry and this morning it was too tough.  Soon he can bale again.
Baling by the golden bean field - a beautiful fall scene!

Gus came home from pre-school and taught the girls duck-duck-goose!  Fun in the Cities! 

Pat has called Maria and she is in Washington DC riding a trolley with her kids.  The traffic is at a standstill for a presidential convoy.  I can tell that Pat is trying his best to be all 3 places at the same time and the convenience of his phone allows him to do that to a certain extent.
 Pat got Luke super excited to ride along buckled in the new tractor as he went over to rake hay!  He got impatient and  brought grandpa his work shoes!  We had joked that Pat should bring a diaper bag in the tractor... "No, he will just have to sit in it!"  With all the girls first and the old open tractors - there were not the same opportunities back in the days of our kids.  Luke did not need a diaper change!
 "Hurry up grandpa... let's get going!"  says Luke.
 They are off! 

With all the questioning and confusion surrounding us in this world where the black and white has turned gray in so many ways... we are vindicated, acquitted, cleared, exonerated by The Truth which is held out to us by Jesus and His Bride, The Church!  We see the real values of LIFE from conception to natural death.  We see the Truth of Marriage as being between one man and one woman til death do us part.  The world wants to call us "possessed" or crazy much like they did John the Baptist in his day, and we that care for the poor and wounded as misled to not be pursuing money and prestige and power in this world. 
 Praying to guardian angels each day on the farm. 

Jesus, may the Truth carry us through all the obstacles that come into our path, and may we follow you carrying our Most Cherished Cross!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Giving Luke lessons on being a couch potato, but it isn't going too well.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

Vindicated by The Truth!
Francesca Bastistelli - write your story

No comments:

Post a Comment