Friday, August 18, 2017

Marriage - "And the two shall become one flesh." Matthew 19

What I love most about my husband in photo form... Pat holding our newest granddaughter, Joy, as he waits for a truck to arrive on the farm.  Pat along with St JP II are my heroes for LIFE and for family! Pat loves all little ones and never told me to stop even in the midst of 7 losses through our childbearing years!  He is a baby magnet!



Pat had a clear vision/Holy Spirit insight into what we are called to in marriage - be open to LIFE and raising those lives we are given as LIGHTS to the darkness in the world today.  And then a couple months after we were married JP II became pope for 27 years of our 39 years of marriage, and he championed, along with Pat, the sanctity of LIFE, the sacrament of marriage/Theology of the Body, and the importance of our families being the Domestic Church where we share our Faith with JOY and raise LIGHTS!
Pat and I on our honeymoon, and almost a year after we met at his sister's wedding...  I had discerned being a nun, but I guess I was called to go through life with Patrick Verly instead!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html




I have been trying long and hard to get to this today... it is about marriage and I am in the midst of being a group leader of about 25 women in Catholic Wife Academy, and in the midst of looking with the eyes of my heart at how far short I am from loving and honoring my husband as I should!  Then to come to this in the Gospel today...  "In marriage two sense natures long for and meet each other, seeking to lose themselves in a union which no human lawgiver has ever been able to describe so directly and at the same time so delicately as Christ in the Gospel when he said:  And the two shall become one flesh.  Fr. Philipon (1972)... "their very being is so constituted as to help and complete each other in a marvelous way on every level of life: on the physical, the intellectual, the moral, and the spiritual level." 

Wedding day - 39 years ago at The Basilica of St Mary in Minneapolis. 




I have been spending the last few days with Pat's siblings as we disperse Pat's mother's home after her death in December.  It has been a great reminder of how important our family is to us, and for me... Faith always is foremost in all that we do.  I received a wonderful compliment from one of Pat's sisters for promoting Faith and family and how we all need that reminder of how that truly is what makes the world go round, and there is nothing else to compare them.  Yes, that is my burning message I want to proclaim here day after day!
Pat's mother was a wonderful Faith filled woman, who was open to life/10 kids sharing family life on the farm!  Her possessions really are not that important to me, but I know that my girls think so much of her and she was certainly always a big part of all we did in the Catholic School, and since her hip replacement she has gone to mass with us each week for years! 




She collected angels, so these tree toppers will be a special remembrance for the girls and John.  Also there were many rosaries and after the girls picked one or so... I came home with many!  Love that!  I know that the girls and grandkids will all cherish one knowing that it was mom's! 

Our oldest, Ruth with husband Paul, having their marriage blessed by JPII just days after their wedding here in Marshall... they were in Rome for their honeymoon!  "Bless us with a happy healthy family." Paul is asking now St John Paul II, and they welcomed their 6th child just 4 months ago!  Prayers answered! 




Yes, marriage is certainly much more than the physical!  I think often of the first date Pat and I shared what we valued in life and they were the same!!!  Faith/Family/Farm..."In marriage two persons are joined in body and soul to live one life, having in common the same ideals of heart and mind, and sharing the same joys, the same hopes, and the same sorrows." Fr Philipon, who was a Dominican priest... 


Pat never wavered from what we shared that first night in the midst of our struggles for family - he was always accepting and supportive and we welcomed all our children - 5 with us and 7 in heaven!  He stood by his values without question, and I am forever grateful to him!

Years back at the county fair!




Jesus, how I long for my home/domestic church to be a place of peace and love and joy... Yes, all the fruits of the Spirit!  May I die to self so that you may live and work in me!  May I give without counting the cost!  May my light shine and not be put under the bushel basket of laziness and selfishness with my time and energy.  When my husband asks me to share with him his farm life... may I willingly say "yes" and find the joy that is there to share with him in his passion for all that he does - working so hard for his family and for Ruth's family to make it on the farm.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and hallelujah

Walking down the aisle with my wonderful parents - they have been married for 68 years this month!  They are both still alive and together in their own home.  How I love to spend time with them, as our faith in The Church and views of the Church on family - being open to life and raising lights is the same!  I have them to thank for my life in The Church - fed every day with so much!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html

My dad baptizing John, our youngest living child... we lost two boys at 5 months after John, and another 4 month loss!  How I longed to have one more to show the world that we did not quit because we had our boy!  But no...  My dad became a Deacon in The Church with the first group of deacons ordained in the Arch Diocese!  LOVE!

Deacon Robert Cross in Colman, SD for 3 years... just 60 minutes from my door to theirs! 






Image may contain: one or more people
So true!!!
https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/5/23/15681060/mr-rogers-quotes-mister-rogers



"Look for the helpers in those scary situations."  yes!
Newsboys - God's not dead (Narnia)
Newsboys - We Believe
Newsboys -  Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment