Monday, November 27, 2017

"waiting" ... "Her whole livelihood" was the Lord.

Nancy with the 3 kids here at home after Gus is off to kindergarten for the day... made a welcoming poster to Maximilian...see you in heaven.  Josephine had a rosary for the occasion, and so appropriate echoing the words of Nancy in an email she sent last evening..."Needless to say, it was not the Thanksgiving break we had planned. We are heartbroken and tired. Through it all we have been surrounded by prayer and, thanks to the holiday, had the support of family. During the hardest moments of the ordeal I clearly felt the presence of Our Lady and I am confident she is holding my little Max in heaven."


How wonderfully comforting at these difficult times to have our Mother of Heaven and earth to hold us! 
The Cross... Nancy also wrote eloquently from her broken heart...
"Perhaps the hardest part of everything was the waiting. The waiting to hear the heartbeat... The waiting for the baby to come... The waiting to come home to my other babies...
As many of you wonderful ladies already know, the cross is often in the waiting. Waiting is often plagued with uncertainty and fear. It can be so awful. "
So very true!  And Advent on the doorstep in a few days a good reminder of how we are called to "wait" and examine our hearts, minds and souls in preparation for the coming of the Salvation of heaven and earth!
Dominic finding comfort and peace with the big teddy, Max...


Max listens to the story these two sweetly share...


Nancy's sharing continues:
"A few days ago I was eager to jump into Advent. It is a beautiful season, full of rich traditions. But, after the last few days of waiting I will be approaching the season differently. I don't really know what Advent will look like this year in my home, but I trust that Christ will be waiting at the end of it, regardless. That I need not fear this waiting, but only trust.
Although it can be so very hard to trust.
I don't really know what else to say here. Know only that if you also are hurting and waiting, my prayers are with you.
Your sister in Christ,
Nancy"
As I found this in my emails last night along with a special fiend's loving note... I wept tears of deep emotion.  My daughter has had to experience the unexpected loss of baby, who had been loved from the first, and sad at his not being able to join our family here!
Another beautiful day in KC!  Flowers for mom!


Today in the Gospel we find the poor woman, who in giving 2 small coins to the work of the Lord... gave "her whole livelihood." How can she do this?  Only because she gives her all to the Lord, who is all that matters to her in her life. 


How can we keep on being open to life, when we experience these losses?  Why don't we throw up our hands and say that we have suffered enough and the fear we face in future losses make it too much for us to handle?  Because we love all LIFE and must learn to Trust in Jesus to be in control.


Nancy and I shared on the way to church last evening about how I longed to have that 6th child after I had John, "because I would always hear 'you had that boy after 4 girls and then you quit.' I just wanted to have the visible 'no, I didn't' with another child to show the world that I was open to life and not trying to control it myself!  Instead I lost William and Robert at 20 weeks, and then had a 16 week loss that I named Mary.  Sometimes I correct them when they would say that, and other times I would just shrug and not say anything. "
Bernadette in her office,  she just left for preschool for the afternoon!
A family project for Maximilian!


Jesus, how we long to be totally yours and know that you have us in the palm of your hand.  We love all LIFE and trust in you to fill us with all that we need to go forward down the narrow path carrying/dragging our most Cherished Cross and following after you.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
3 years ago... so special!  The wall is now gone, there is an 8 foot patio door where the window is, and a fabulous porch out of that.  It now holds a family of 8 and the farm has new life!  LOVE!
Another Thanksgiving feast - my parents at the head of the table with my brother and his family!  LOVE!


Image may contain: 1 person
Miraculous medal was given us on this day!
Image may contain: 1 person, text










"It is good that you can be with Nancy at this time. I know how hard it is to want to take away the pain from a child, yet at the same time trying to sort out the pain within. 

I wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and your family...praying for your broken hearts to be comforted. God's promise is to be close to the broken hearted...I have no doubts He is as close as whisper in your ear. May you feel his love wrapped around you...in this moment and the days and moments ahead."  comforting words from a dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment