https://mychildiloveyou.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-planhis-plan.html?m=1 This was the blog post, which I would encourage all to take a few minutes to read... as I shared that it is what my girls are doing as they are open to life and raising lights!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
Maria with her two girls before a neighborhood party... the thing about these three is how much the two girls ( with 3 brothers between them) look like a Verly girl or their mom and like each other! It is so fun for me to see my girls in them!
" When you walk the road of suffering with somebody, you go to a different level of love. We sat for hours in doctor's offices together waiting, hoping, and praying. I would never trade that for anything. Secondly, we are made saints by doing our daily work beautifully. Not necessarily without tears, without frustrations, but with the resolve that God is teaching me something through this. Please open my heart."
This is a quote from the blog post I shared above and it is so true of my girls and John! John pointed out in prayer this morning that our nun, Little Sister Hallel, is called to share in the pain of those that are truly in sad places in their lives due to Alcoholism, drug addiction, neglect, young ones facing cancer, death, suffering..."She shares in the hardest things with her love as Jesus." He also said that this was true of our journey we shared with him fighting brain cancer 8 years ago!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
Then there is the miracle of Patrick! Born dead and brought back to life - healthy and happy!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
Both Patrick and John taught so many the power of prayer! It truly brought our family together... giving our all to the Lord and trusting in Him from our knees in constant prayer! We truly knew that we were totally weak and helpless and from that small lowly place we could find peace in his loving and forgiving and healing LOVE!
Adorable falling asleep in the midst of it all!
This is just so good... more from Lindsay Boever's blog post...."Everything that happens now I try to respond in my head, "I'm coming, Lord." I try to treat everything as if God is calling me. I see the house a mess, "I'm coming, Lord." I have a fussy baby at my leg, "I'm coming, Lord." I hear the baby crying for the eighth time in the middle of the night, "I'm coming, Lord." It is my goal.
Most of us will not die a bloody martyrdom for our faith, but we will be asked to die a dry martyrdom. Each day, one fuss at a time we can grow closer and closer to His heart. I want to be faithful in the small things. I hope at the end of my life He will say to me, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
So much of what we do as mother's is unseen and without reward and not appreciated... Jesus has words for us today... "when you hold a banquet,
invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind;
blessed indeed will you be because of their inability to repay you.
For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."
I think that Lindsay is helping us to see that we are coming closer to being always with Jesus when we suffer our martyrdoms in our marriage and domestic Church/family. We do not receive repayment from our husband or children as we serve without counting the cost, rather we come closer to Jesus. That is where we find our JOY!

"We do our work to God, To Christ, and that is why we try to do it as beautifully as possible."
-St. Mother Teresa
Nancy's sharing today...
A camping trip with dad in the beautiful Northwest where they are now stationed... Such great memories to hold close to their hearts/family time supreme!
I do long to continue to be weak and small and embrace my most Cherished Cross for from the Cross we find LIFE/LIGHT/LOVE! God is not looking for us to pay him back for all he has done for us, but rather He longs for us to love him and give our all to him through our service to one another.

Once again a tragic taking of innocent lives! I had just had the thought during mass yesterday about how easy it would be for someone to come in with a gun and shoot so many... and then to know that this exact thing was happening in Texas! Lord, what is this world coming to?
Jesus, we are shaken to the core by a world so filled with hatred and sickness and sinfulness and the lack of respect for life that has become so deep and sick! If we do not respect life in the womb... it seems to have become a horrible sickness throughout. Lord, may life we respected and protected no matter the cost from conception to natural death. Jesus, we fall on our knees in prayer throughout our days no matter what we are doing. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Therese is 9 and the best big sister to her 4 younger siblings. She loves LIFE and the poor.
Maria wrote;
"T is such a wonderful girl!
Our "Mom Times" have really been a blessing for me.
It is wonderful to be able to spend some quality "chat time" with this beautiful young lady.
We all know the ice cream has a bit of a draw for her,
but this girl LIVES for the chatting! "

one year old Evangline sharing (?) her new little blue chair with brother, Romeo!
I just discovered many more entries on Maria's blog... So great!
Patrick and Romeo with Vangie enjoying their little furniture galore!
Joseph with the 5 on his 33rd birthday!
Those teeth and no tongue sticking out...

Patrick is 5 with his second hand bike!

“If we have no peace,
it is because we have forgotten
that we belong to each other.”
– Saint Teresa of Calcutta / St. Mother Teresa

She says is so simply and TRUE

YES!





No comments:
Post a Comment