Sunday, December 24, 2017

new Pjs and more snow in KC than in Minnesota!!

The boys in star wars and the girls in little pony... their Pennsylvania grandma has a tradition of new family pajamas!  It made for happy kids here in Kansas City. 

We noticed in our trip down during daylight that there is more snow here/it snowed overnight than in Marshall.  Pat always is happy to keep it anywhere else than on the farm.  "I love brown winters!"  He is happy that the barns are all cleaned out and they have fresh bedding to lay in for Christmas.  I have noticed over the years of being married to a famer that he takes having the barn clean and bedded nice for Christmas is special... preparing for Christ born in the stable.
Our 5th batch of Belgian cookies this year... we made the dough last night, brought it down in the trunk and the kids helped us make the balls tonight, and we will bake them tomorrow.  Tonight is Christmas movies, then Nancy and Pat have fake plans to go for the Vigil at Lumen Christi with Hallel at 11p.  I think I will get my sleep and go tomorrow for mass at 11a.
These kids are a  quarter Belgian and this is their heritage.  They all love to eat them, too!  We have plans to take some to Hallel and The Community tomorrow.  I have attempted to mail them to Hallel in Europe over the last years, and I am sure that they arrived as tasty crumbs.
The Jesse tree and Josephine... it is nice to be here with family for Christmas.   Pat and I were noticing that we are coming almost monthly since Hallel has been here.  A month ago we were here for Thanksgiving and the sudden loss of our grandson, Maximilian. 
Josephine was a part of the cookie making...
Delighted with their nice snuggly jamies!  Nice to see their smiling excited faces. 


It would be nice to share in the Vigil tonight, and it will nice for Pat and Nancy to share with Susan.  I will let them have that JOY!  Jesus, we love LIFE and how you took on flesh and dwelt among us starting with growth in the womb for those 9 months, and then arrive as a helpless infant in the arms of your earthly mother and father in a stable and laid in the manger which is where the animals fed. 
Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke here in KC with 2 of our daughters and their families!




Image may contain: one or more people, christmas tree and indoor
Christmas mass in Green Valley Church!
Image may contain: one or more people and text
Image may contain: 1 person, sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment