Ruth at it again!!! Pouring her time and energy into the family theme for this year... Circus!!!
In our house move... the attic was cleaned out and this costume which Susan had worn in 1991 blizzard Halloween when she was 5 is being worn this year as Rose is the tight rope walker! I now will go nuts trying to find Susan in it!
Looking through my pictures... the bums in 1982With dad in the leaves in Taylors Falls in 1989
Farmer Pat steps into the Indian bunch in 1983... papoose Maria Theresa!
The 1991 Halloween blizzard... John was a boy/dog and Susan was a tooth fairy that I have yet to find... the search goes on!
In honor of harvest on the farm... this classic one of Maria and the Big Carrot in 1985 at 2 years old and bunny ear muffs. too!!
Yesterday Ruth helped me get the equipment for my knee replacement from the hospice house just a block from mom's house. I got teary and missed her and we talked about how much they miss her after all the ways she was involved in their lives on the farm, at the Catholic School, at church, and in their day to day lives! This was taken in 2003 when Maria returned from studying in Rome for a year! How they loved their grandma Ann!
Well, I must give up on my search for Susan in 1991 Halloween, but I am on a mission when I finish this up for today.
Luke the adorable elephant...
I have a very special place in my heart for Isaiah! During Advent he is always the first reading, and when my dad was reading Isaiah 55:1-2 at an Ignatian retreat the Holy Spirit told him to come into The Church with our entire family - all 13!
The others will be a surprise next week...
This from the Psalm for today taken from Isaiah 12
You will draw water joyfully from the springs of salvation.
It so aptly describes the flowing of graces that surround me each day of my journey in The Church! The readings starting the night before, morning prayer and evening prayer, and sometimes i share the Divine Office of readings with my dad, mom or son! The Saints are so huge for me and my companions on this journey... they give me hope and courage no matter what i face! Our Lady/My Mother of all Mothers,who is the Queen of heaven and earth is my #1 best companion on my journey and her rosary fills me with hope and is a constant prayer without ceasing throughout my day! So much to overflowing... the Holy Spirit alive and well and at work in my heart, mind and soul!
Those springs of Salvation are crystal clear, cold and refreshing and life-giving as we all need to drink to live!
Joy in a bubble sink after playing outside on a beautiful fall day... dad getting ready to go out and bale more corn stalk bales!
I am getting a lot of time with the farm kids... my last few weeks leading up to my knee replacement are filled with the help i am able to do... care for the kids, the evening meal and running kids to activities. A step back in time for sure. I come home tired but happy that this window is still open for me to be of help. November 7th is coming up quickly, and I find that i am less worried than I thought I would be. Lord, I am yours!
It gets dark about 6:30 now and that moon is something isn't it?
Jesus, how I long to be ready for anything that you ask of me! I know that I will soon be weak and need to depend upon others to manage as I slowly recover. I recall with my hip replacement I was complaining to Hallel about how weak and worthless I was. "Mom, when we are weak is when we turn to Jesus." Yes!!!!! I want to be always looking to you my Lord! Humble me and I will give you may all... dying to self so that you may live in me. "Wounded, I will not cease to love. " Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Ruth's beautiful house, porch and the harvest moon! Ruth's vision for her farmhouse gives me so much joy and happiness when I spend time there. Joy and I had time outside on the beautiful day on the porch and in grandpa's wonderful shop. "Dad is happy when he is working in his shop on equipment." said Ruth. Yes, he loves his new shop and he is a mechanic at heart and a good one at that! Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
Unloading corn straight into the bins as now it is dry enough... all the bins on our farm are now full! Bumper crop... "Rain makes grain!" Pat Verly
John's groom supper in the shop on June 1st... Ruth and i were talking about all the work to clean but all the JOY of having amazing family times in the shop. The beauty of it is that we have all the little ones, who could not be taken to a restaurant and have an enjoyable meal. This way they can ride their bikes, play in the sand pile and run around together while the adults can visit and eat steak, and wine and beer too.
There are some fake plans for a Verly family Christmas in the shop... it is heated and we have Nancy in KC and Maria in Tacoma, WA... so it is definitely a "fake plan!"
Some of the 15 going on 18 in March! Simon is the oldest at 14!All ages share in the fun!
Grooms supper with Father Craig!
Breakfast with the newly weds and our family the following weekend! With our numbers approaching close to 30 with 18 of them kids... our shop is big crazy fun!

Beauty and Truth!

“Real love is demanding… Love demands effort and a personal commitment to the will of God. It means discipline and sacrifice, but it also means joy and human fulfillment.” - John Paul II


A good one!













No comments:
Post a Comment