Sunday, October 28, 2018

"Jesus is calling you..." Mark 10 Pro Life Breakfast landmark

Prolife breakfast... John and Bobbi working side by side filling the plates of Luke, Rose and David after mass this morning! 

It brought flooding back how many of my friends came up to me last year very excited to know that John and Bobbi were dating.  Bobbi got involved with Birthright years ago when she returned to the area after college.   So all our fellow Birthright ladies knew of John's journey and Bobbi, and were very happy to see the two of them together.  "And they are quite serious."  I would tell them...
What a difference a year makes!  They are now married and expecting their first child in March!

 It was special to share the joy with our mutual friends of the ladies of Birthright, who have fought the battle to protect all life in the womb for years.. actually my entire marriage as I decided to get involved with Birthright shortly after we were married.  I found out I was pregnant with Ruth when I was learning to do the pregnancy tests on myself!  LIFE is s  gift!
The new school pictures are in and up on the wall already and very nice this year!  Luke's is last year's preschool picture and Joy's is one I took on the swing a month ago.  Joy loves to swing, and it's a good one indeed!  LOVE this!

I appreciated Father's homily today and the story of Bartimaeus is a wonderful one!  I was especially struck with Father Mark pointing out that Jesus wanted his followers to bring the blind man to him and they spoke these words to him..."Take courage; get up, Jesus is calling you."  Yes, Jesus is calling you!
Ruth and Pat are getting the last hundred bales picked up today... we had a great system including Pat, John, Paul, Ruth and I with Bobbi and Mary in the house and hauling kids to activities!  Talk about a family day on the farm!

I love the way that Bartimaeus jumped up and threw his old clothing aside as if he were to be made new and different... 
Jesus said to him in reply, "What do you want me to do for you?" 
The blind man replied to him, "Master, I want to see." 
Jesus told him, "Go your way; your faith has saved you." 
Immediately he received his sight
and followed him on the way.

Yes, he followed him on the way.. Finding Jesus, led there by those that love him and bring others to the Faith... my dad and mother bringing us into The Church!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
Knowing in our heart of hearts that "Jesus is calling you, and  that personal encounter with him in our lives as we embrace the Cross and find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  That healing and that newness of life with which we follow him down the narrow path to eternal life at the end!  The Way, the Truth, and the LIFE!
Pat's dad with John and Brad almost 28 years ago.  John and Brad are 6 weeks apart and grew up together on the farm!  Today I got pretty emotional holding Brad's new son, William.  It was the first time that I saw him and to see Brad a father was very moving for me.
\
Brad mentioned that John and he will be dad's within months of each other and that is special indeed!  LIFE is a gift!

Jesus, may we answer  your call by running to you even in the darkness as Bartimaeus did in the Gospel today.  Following the sound of your voice and being led to you by those that love and serve you.  May we also be those that help others know that you are calling them to leave the world behind and the darkness of sin and death that fills the world.  May we serve you without counting the cost and be saved by faith... following you on the way!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
The bale pyramid... 58 rows of 6 bales = 348 of the 600 in one long row.. a good windbreak for the cows and nice soft bedding through the winter months and calving time.  Bless-bless, Barbara Mark Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment