After having John living with us for a couple years before he wed in June... I am going through some sadness at missing his companionship. My large home is empty now, although little Joy is coming to spend some hours with grandma shortly, and we have an open door here to family. Yet, that day to day sharing of our lives with John filled up some of the lonely times I have when Pat is putting in long hours on the farm. I am over the moon excited for him, though, and I will adjust and who knows what lies around the corner with aging parents and a large and growing family all around me.
Mary humored grandma after serving on the altar so wonderfully during mass... the navy blue theme beckoned!
I am digesting the theme of Respect life Sunday today... Cherished, Chosen, Sent. Cherished I totally get and it is my mantra that all life must be cherished and protected from conception to natural death.
Seeing the image of Juan Diego and Our Lady of Guadalupe gives me some insight into "chosen". Our Lady asks us to build up The Church with our "yes" to share with the world her Truth of being open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS! And after she appeared to Juan, she sent him to those that doubted, and with her tilma and the roses in winter that poured forth to reveal her image ... they believed and the culture that had been sacrificing human beings/much like abortion is doing today was converted into The Church!
May we too shed light on the horror of taking innocent human life in abortion, and may it no longer be a part of our world and our country! With Judge Kavanaugh we are a step closer to that happening I hope and pray!
Youngest granddaughter, Joy, will soon be coming to spend some time with grandma while her family volunteers at The Catholic School. She is a delight and gets her way with smiles and sheds sunshine on our world!
Joy was surrounded by prayer from the moment we knew of her in the womb. We are now praying for 3 new little ones in the womb! Nancy is expecting her 5th, Maria her 6th and John and Bobbi their first! So many prayers for LIFE! Our prayer that they may be chosen to be with us here on this journey called Faith/Family/Farm. We have many that were chosen to join the Lord and Our Lady in heaven... 7 children and 5 grandchildren. So many prayers and keeping our eyes focused on heaven where we will be united someday!
In blue with Hallel in France almost 2 months ago as we gathered around her for her final vows! The readings today about marriage her strongly proclaimed words in English in the midst of 2 hours of French..."I promise unto death!" Yes! I promise unto death, and that requires that I die to self..."Wounded, I will not cease to love."
Marriage is like rubbing the rough edges off one another, and that hurts! In order for peace and love to reign we must not attack back when we are hurt, but love unconditionally! Lord, help us!
I picked up the phone last night and heard 14 beautiful voices singing me a special blessing on the other end for my birthday! Many Little Sisters are in KC in preparation for the dedication of the new Little Monastery devoted to Our Lady that the Little Brothers have constructed at the foot of the hill from Lumen Christi/LIGHT Of Christ!
It was as if I had a line to heaven and the angels were singing to me or for me. Their laughter and joy filled us as Pat and I were together at that moment. Pat is talking about fake plans to buzz down there if we truly get days of rain over the next few days. LOVE those Little Sisters, and my husband's love for them!
Hallel's Lamb inside the part we are given/her parents..."Wounded, I will not cease to love."
From the Gospel today... Christ reminds us;
But from the beginning of creation, God made them male and female.
For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother
and be joined to his wife,
and the two shall become one flesh.So they are no longer two but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together,
no human being must separate."
Mark 10
Yes, Lord, I long to do better at embracing my Most Cherished Cross and finding LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! Jesus, I trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb
Our newly weds! Their love is beautiful to behold!
I so love that Nancy can share her life with Hallel on a weekly basis! When they called last night Pat kiddingly asked them about how Dominic acts at Adoration with Nancy each Wednesday.."He's wonderful!! Because he wanted to come to mass on Sunday, and asked his parents to come. They all came to share mass with us last Sunday." LOVE! Dominic loves to spend time with his Aunt Hallel and her family of the Lamb!
Helping with Hallel's birthday cake a few weeks back! So wonderful that our family could celebrate with her after being gone for 10 birthdays!
Hallel is a Dominican and Dominic can thank her for is name! LOVE!
I know that the Feast of the rosary is trumped today by Sunday, but I love it's constant prayer in my life and find my life-line and my strength there in praying for my family, my God children, my husband, my family and Pat's family and The Church! In our huge families together over 200+ it means so many prayers! Our Lady is up to the task of taking our needs to her Son, Jesus Christ!




Our Lady gave the rosary to St Dominic!




No comments:
Post a Comment