Saturday, November 3, 2018

Sharing the Dedication of Light of Mary the Mother of God Monastery in pictures for today...

Hallel laughing in front of the grotto about a mop and a bucket.. How I wanted to get a picture of her in front of the grotto and I was gifted with this!  The grotto is of the nativity and was painted by 4 artists in the Community.

I discovered that the women in front are bathing the newborn Jesus... so special.  The shepherds and of course, the lambs/sheep on the hillside, the angels, the wisemen behind them, and St Joseph is behind Hallel...
Tomorrow I need to ask about the poor man with St Joseph... I have fake plans to go to mass with The Community on my way out of town, and of course the beautiful angels!
 The words from Luke - Hail Mary around the edge of the grotto!
A beautiful testament to Our Lady... prayers to be answered here with her intercession!
 Hallel did the first reading from Revelations 12 about Mary and the Dragon! She read amazing and it was such a powerful moment remembering that she was the first American Little Sister, and now she has promised to be Him unto death!
 Nancy brought her family
 Archbishop preaching.... more to come as each word was a pearl of great price, and I took many notes...
Mass on the newly consecrated altar, which was later moved into the monastery after the hunderds gathered in the tent shared mass with many priests led by Archbishop Naumann!
 Love this... before our tour of the Monastery!
 Fall leaves added to the beauty in the monastery and the landscape!
 "The porch"
Rice and beans and wonderful mexican food for all!!!
 The chapel that will be filled with so much LOVE!
 Leaves!!!
Nancy with her family and Hallel... how I love that they can share time every week.  Family time with our nun daughter is most precious!
 I followed her around and even got some of the two of us!
 Love to see her glowing smile and know that she is close by... only 7 hours!
 Hallel is in the back...
With her Bernadette!  I love that they are close to each other!
With my Hallel and Berna
 A beautiful day!!! More to share later in deeper detail... you know me!
 Glorious fall day in KC!!!
Bless-bless, Barb with two of her daughters in KC!
St Martin de Porres
aka: St Martin of Charity
Dominican Coadjutor Brother
Peru ~ 1579-1639
Father: Peruvian nobleman
Mother: free slave of Panama
Patron saint of Social justice and Interracial harmony
Feast Day - November 3

No comments:

Post a Comment