I have learned a lot about myself and what I am willing and able to do. Thanks to PT and OT... I have learned to do "golf swing" to pick things up from the ground, and that I can get myself dressed without having to bend my knee too much, that I can climb steps taking one step at a time (which I have been doing for a year or so due to my pain in my bad knee), how to keep on top of my pain, and how to take one step at a time. Thanks to one and all!
Ruth made me look really good by bringing in candy to share with the staff and even a thank you note to sign expressing my gratitude for their care of me and assistance always with a smile! She remembers charting with chocolate to munch on and how they appreciated that after their long 12 hour shift. Thanks, Ruth for your thoughtfulness and I have a feeling that I will be eternally grateful for your help once I get home!
It's me again complete with topknot and a little bit of makeup and dressed... human!
Maybe it was where I find myself today, but the first reading of St Paul to the Philippians really sounded like a beautiful thank you note to the Philippians, who managed to help him out in his need.
"I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me.
Still, it was kind of you to share in my distress."
Still, it was kind of you to share in my distress."
Philippians 4
St Paul realizing that their care for him will win them rewards with Christ and all those in heaven..."a fragrant aroma," an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.
My God will fully supply whatever you need,in accord with his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Yes! This is certainly the best reward and what we strive for! May we do more for those in need around us... I am afraid that I am going to be on the receiving end of others helping me, but I still know there are ways of ministering to others and I hope to do that...
Using my new handheld mirror from Ruth... and artsy pic of my flowers and the special leaves that look crocheted! Thank you "sisters" for the pick me up! Your reward will be great in heaven, I know you all deserve it. Maybe I should write more thank you notes that way?
A week ago I had driven to KC by myself in my chapel on wheels and my rosary and chaplet and Christian music! Who knows when I will be able to drive again as it is my right knee... let alone any distance like 7 hours away? But this icon of the Nativity was prayed over that it may bring healing to those that pray here, and I certainly did do that with this as an intention as well as Hallel's right knee with a torn meniscus, and the three new babies now at 20+ weeks in the womb.
"Through her intercession hear our prayers and our petitions, send the grace of your most Holy Spirit upon this icon of the Nativity of the Lord that your servants have made in her honor and memory. Bless it and make it holy by your heavenly blessing, give it the strength and the power to accomplish miracles. Make it a source of healing and health. Grant protection, deliverance, and immediate help to all those who before this icon will venerate the Most Blessed Virgin, Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ, your Beloved Son, and as our protector will seek her intercession and implore her help in affliction and danger. In your mercy grant forgiveness for their sins. May they promptly receive the grace they beg from you; may they obtain the awaited mercy of your love for mankind; and may they partake in your heavenly Kingdom. By the tenderness of your Only-Begotten Son, born of the Virgin Mary according to the flesh, our Incarnate God and Savior Jesus Christ, with whom you receive all glory, honor and adoration, with your most-holy, good and life-giving Spirit, now and forever, and for ages to come. Amen"
The prayer Archbishop Naumann prayed over the grotto... a place of pilgrimage and healing is born for us and unto us a Son is given!
I have this blown up by my bed to give me hope and courage and to remind me of the prayers that surround me! I know that soon to be 6 year old Bernadette/(her birthday is in 2 days) is praying for her grandma every day with her family! So blessed!
The prayers of children he will listen to and I have 15 of them praying hard for their old grandma!
Joy and her grandpa is a sight of normalcy I am sure I will see once again at home...
Jesus I am so grateful to you to help me through this difficult time with the kind help of others!... I have the strength for everything through you who empowers me. I rely on you when I am weak and I am very much in touch with that weakness this day and with this to work on and overcome! Jesus, I trust in you. "Mom, when you are weak is when you turn to Jesus." Hallel to me after my hip replacement 10 years ago. May I always turn to you, O Lord, I welcome being weak and humble in your sight. Bless-bless, Barb
Another great source of daily prayer comes from my parents! How my huge family of over 120 rely on them to help us down the narrow path to LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
I miss my time with them... maybe soon but for sure Christmas Camp in about 5 weeks! Coming so fast!

Perfect for today! St Leo, pray for us!

Love this and wanted to share the power of prayer and by your fruits they will recognize your faith, and the power of praying with the faith of a child or as a child!
All generations will call me blessed
My mother-in law was prayed into existence by her sister, Margaret. Margaret was the youngest in her family, the only girl was desperate for a little sister. She "prayed and prayed and at last God well-nigh miraculously answered her prayer. Her father was 65 and her mother was 44, 10 years since her last pregnancy; but she gave birth to a baby girl, Betty.
They all doted on Betty; her father called her "The one bright spot in the great depression." Margaret rejoiced in the long-awaited sister. A happy ending to her prayer... but was it the end?
Fast forward to today; that baby girl is the mother of 9 children (among them my husband), the grandmother to 44, and great-grandmother to sixteen. Seventy dear people, seventy immortal souls - including my own children exist today because Margaret prayed for he little sister.
As I look at my husband and children, and think of how deeply my life is blessed by their presence. I find myself grateful for little Margaret's prayers so many years ago, and inspired by her to place before God, with the trust of a child, every aspect of my life. She didn't foresee all the consequences, but she lifted her childish desire up to God, and he answered super abundantly!
Wendy-Irene Zapeda
A favorite from my journey with Christian music last weekend! Enjoy with JOY!





No comments:
Post a Comment