Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The seeds were literally planted in January 9 years ago! LOVE grows when you give it away!


9 years ago... our family brought together to fight the battle for John's life against brain cancer!  Today is John's 9th birthday when his seeds/stem cells were transplanted, and he was cancer free which has continued to this day!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html

Anointed by Father Craig before his brain biopsy at Mayo!  We always put our faith first and foremost... It was how we got through it all and we know that John's healing came from that uplifting in prayer and the Sacraments, and the Saints... most especially Blessed Solanus Casey and Mary the Mother of God and Queen of the Saints!

The Gospel today of the parable of the sower and the seeds from Mark 4:1-20 was the reading on the day that John's stem cells were planted in his rich and fertile soil.  So powerful, and very poignant as in the last few days we have been working on applying for his speaking at next year's NCYC!

Miraculously we arrive in France for Hallel's taking of her habit!

Today is one of the coldest days in history!  So the thought of planting seeds in January is especially crazy to consider.  I recall our times in our little yellow house in Rochester 9 years ago for John's stem cell transplant - 5 weeks - as cold and snowy as we expect in Minnesota.  Yes, it was January in Minnesota when John's stem cells/seeds were planted, and they grew a hundred fold and beyond... probably a million fold the beautiful miraculous way our bodies are created by our God!  I am in awe!!!

John coming out of the baths of Lourdes with the help of Father Craig!  He still has the beads of miraculous water on his head as he asked them to pour water over his head..."That is where I need the healing."

John and I just shared morning prayer on the phone from the iBreviary in celebration of how we love to share prayer and put Jesus first!  These words from a Psalm prayer after the first Psalm 86 which John leads... "WE already know the affection you have for us, fill us with a greater love for you and we will proclaim you more boldly before men and happily lead them to celebrate your glory."

This is exactly what John burns to do more than anything else!
We have been working on a bio and session intro for applying to speak at NCYC!

I was typical 20-year-old college student, going through the motions of my faith, never owning my faith as my own. I was a great actor in my faith always trying to appear more faithful than I was. This all changed when I said one simple prayer for faith. God answered my prayer by allowing me to fight brain cancer. That battle for my life drew me to prayer, brought me much needed humility and brought my faith to life.
During my cancer journey I felt like I had nothing to live for, then I bathed in the waters at Lourdes and felt the love of Our Lady and Knew in that moment that I needed to share the love I received with the world. This is now my new journey to share Christ through the love of Our Lady with all I meet.  


--
Respectfully,

John P. Verly

Carrying the Cross...

John's Session
Through my Cancer I often felt like I was the paralytic lowered in front of Jesus by all those who prayed for me. With that I always start my talks with prayer. After we pray, I share my story of how I beat cancer and now yearn to share both my journey and new-found faith. I have a lot of experience in acting and speech which allows me to speak in a confident and a self-deprecating style this makes me very approachable as a speaker. Humor is important to me and comes through in my talks.  To end my talks, I always ask the audience for petitions which we as a group pray for.  My talks are applicable to all age groups, powerfully enough to touch anyone’s heart and filled with enough joy and humility to leave everyone feeling blessed.


--
Respectfully,

John P. Verly

In Lourdes... so in LOVE with Our Mother of heaven and earth to this day!

Jesus, your Spirit is filling us with your LOVE, and it grows more when we selflessly share it and give it away to those around us... most especially those the closest to us in our domestic church/family.  May the seeds of Faith take deep and solid root in us and bear much fruit.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor
A friend's kids out displaying how the water freezes immediately when it is 50 below zero outside!
Image may contain: one or more people
Image may contain: text

 Out to get the mail... tomorrow Pat and I head to a funeral 4 hours away and some time with my parents... keep all the farmers and animals safe and all those that have to work outside this day.
 Just minutes after he went out...What happened?
The sun looked warm, but it fooled me!  Please let me in!!!!
Danielle Rose - If I touch him
Casting Crowns - Praise him in the storm
When we called France to tell Susan/Hallel that John had brain cancer on Father's Day/Sunday... "Mom, did you hear the Gospel today?"  "Yes, it was Jesus calming the storm."  "This is the storm and Jesus is in control."

No comments:

Post a Comment