Friday, June 21, 2019

Home from Lumen Christi on the wings of Faith and Family... now to work TEC! Come Holy Spirit!

 Hallel describes her life as prayer and dishes... she had many helping hands from the nieces and nephews as we lived with them and they fed all 13 of us meals!

I will not be writing much here today as I am home for only a short day til I am leaving for a 3 day retreat with Pat and John in tow.  How I wish that I could write my heart out about the glorious days filled with powerful Faith moments including mass and an hour with Jesus in the monstrance each day, and the best family time with daughter #3 and #4 in Kansas City.
 3 month old Hector helping his Aunt Hallel make us lunch just shortly after he arrived with his family.  Meeting him for the first time!  She has now met all 3 new grandsons!  And I have a plan to get them together in the next week here on the farm!

Maria arrived half a day later due to a flat tire on the way, which added hours to their trip from Minneapolis.  They did get to evangelize to the highway patrolman... he is expecting #4 maybe seeing Maria with her wonderful 6 will bring more lights into the world?
 2 1/2 year old Evie helped wipe one silverwear at a time... she charmed us all with her words and cuteness!
 Using a dishtowel bigger than her!
 I brought Ruth's oldest, Simon and Nancy's two oldest, Bernadette and Augustine... they had great cousin time in the heart of KC!
 Hallel putting Jesus out for adoration!  So beautiful and powerful to hear my #4 daughter sing her love for her spouse!  I loved that I could lift up those I will be working with at TEC this weekend while there.

My dad went into the hospital while I was in KC... it was wonderful to put the litany of our families - all 225 in the monstrance with Jesus!  So much peace and love as we give all the control to Him!
 Flowers that were mostly too far gone from a neighboring grocery store.  A group job of picking out the good ones to decorated the chapel... showing their love for Jesus!
The dishes crew after supper...
We found a grotto with Bernadette and Our Lady of Lourdes in All Saints church up the hill as we shared mass Spanish mass with the Little Sisters .  LOVE!
It was the Polish Catholic Church and Hallel showed Simon on the Station where Simon helps carry the cross - Station 5... how they spell Simon in Polish - Saymon!  It was such a beautiful place to start our time with mass!
 Gus helping make mini pizzas with Aunt Hallel.
 After supper we walk to the Grotto of The LIGHT of Mary the Mother of God Monastery of the Little Brothers at the bottom of the hill.
 A place of healing and miracles and pilgrimage!
 Only missing Hector...
 Listening to Hallel share the story of the birth of Jesus...

 Reading the story of the incarnation from Luke 1
 Evangeline and Hallel got close and shared a bond of love.
 Hallel invited us each up to give our concerns over to Mary and Jesus.  Evie kissed baby Jesus in the manger.
 And she kissed Mary the Mother of us all!
 Hallel with her wonderful Goddaughter, Therese, who is now 11!
Daughter #3, Maria, with Daughter #4, Little Sister Hallel, with Hector who is 3 months!
 13 in KC... how we were blessed to stay with them and share all the time!  The kids said one of their favorite things was catching fireflies by the grotto as one of the longest days of the year came to a close!
 So beautiful and filled with so much Truth and a holy place indeed!

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed today with such a small window to accomplish so much... I called a friend to impress her with my woes and she shared her situations over the last week... by far much more than mine!  Much like the saga of St Paul today in the first reading from 2 Corinthians 11... beatings, shipwrecked, stoned and left for dead,...in toil and hardship, through many sleepless nights.  Working these retreats we just expect those sleepless nights!
 So vibrant and HOLY!
 Family time after breakfast yesterday with the Lamb.
 I stopped in the chapel to pray for my dad, and Jesus was there and the person praying left, so I was gifted with a hour with Him!  He called me there and I did the litany of our families putting 225  in the monstrance with Jesus from my 94 year old dad to the 4 new ones in the womb that I am joyfully praying for!

My Lord and My God!

 "Wounded, I will never cease to love."  The motto of the Lamb and of The Community of the Lamb!
 The two oldest helping in the kitchen... washing kale that had been given to them
Hallel and baby Evangeline Mary!
 School of the Word with the grandkids... Bill meeting Hector for the first time!
 Hallel singing her love to her Spouse, Jesus Christ!

R. (see 18b) From all their distress God rescues the just.
I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall be ever in my mouth.
Let my soul glory in the LORD;
the lowly will hear me and be glad.
R. From all their distress God rescues the just.
Glorify the LORD with me,
let us together extol his name.
I sought the LORD, and he answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
R. From all their distress God rescues the just.
Look to him that you may be radiant with joy,
and your faces may not blush with shame.
When the poor one called out, the LORD heard,
and from all his distress he saved him.
R. From all their distress God rescues the just.  Psalm 34 from mass today speaks of her love and thankfulness that he called her to follow him in this most amazing way!
 Our last meal with them!  They were so kind and generous to include us in their lives of prayers, making food and dishes!
The dessert parade is how the meals joyfully end!

Jesus, go forth with me now - come Holy Spirit and bring all those attending this weekend closer to your heart burning with love for us!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment