Friday, November 20, 2020

Forgive as we have been forgiven/Deep in prayer... "hanging on his words", and "How sweet to my taste is your promise!"

A gem from John and Bobbi last evening of 6 month old Birdie in her mom's sleeper.  Bobbi had all brothers like John had all sisters, so her baby clothes are still nice to hand on to her own daughter! LOVE!
John at 6 months... just to prove that she is so much like her daddy with the round face, big brown eyes and sweet pug nose!   
My day has fled with lots of prayer needs heavy on me, and slow to no internet.  

One thing I learned at the feet of my Permanent Deacon father was the beauty of Colossians!  It is used often in the Prayer of The Church and it just plain powerful and amazing!  Reading in dad's prayer book today he pointed out to me again the midafternoon  reading from Colossians 3... A prayer that I pray often when praying especially with my husband... "Forgive as the Lord has forgiven you."  

When I am praying about faults or problems I see in others - this comes creeping into my heart - But Barb, remember the beam in your own eye and how the Lord has unconditionally loved and forgiven you.  You need to return that to __________.

Birdie always so good for her grandma!

Modeling her mom's clothes... LOVE!
Oh my!!!  
Love her with the bunny.
Bring on winter!  I am ready for anything!  

With the many needs on my heart for friends and family that are suffering.... the reminder from the Gospel today that Jesus in The Word is so very much to fill us with Hope and Trust! Trust has been called upon hugely as we place all our needs in The Lord's hands knowing that he is in control!  So hard to do as we discovered 11 years ago with John's battle with brain cancer!  We were just a week away from beginning whole brain radiation to stop the advancing cancer growth!  When I said "No!"  John said; "Mom, I want to live!"
The story continues with wife and 2 beautiful babies!

LIFE is a gift!
Such a powerful reminder of what The Lord asks of us to bring peace to our world/domestic Church/family!

Another sweet boy for grandma!  Jesus, we trust in you... you are in control in the storms of life!  Bless-bless, Barbara


Praise you in the storm - Casting Crowns



 

No comments:

Post a Comment