Grandma and Jude started our new tradition of watercoloring together. As the little ones before him... I am sure he will beg to get out the water, brush, paper and paints on each visit in the future. We painted the 3 boys - Jude, George and Hector... He made me giggle when he painted the top of his head when I suggested that we paint "the hair." So smart!
A desk chair spins around and around and also has wheels to roll around on. A little boys dream indeed.
Wheels!
I think this was when he painted his hair - which was just what grandma had said he should do!
One of my most favorite traditions that I love to share with the grandkids! Many treasured memories and paintings that come from this time! A painting from 7 years ago by Mary Lanoue, who would have been 6 going on 7 at that time. It was in the midst of calving and and we had lost 2 calves with wings on ... Hallel with the calves - 2 died. It is very special to me and graces my home to this day!Sitting at the feet of my father this morning from his well worn prayer book! It has been 4 weeks ago now since we prayed together. I miss him a lot, and find these gems marked out for me.
Yes, Lord, thanks to Covid dad came here for 6 months and made this a "farm monastery" where we shared with JOY the work of prayer in the midst of the ups and downs of a natural death with the help of hospice! I do praise you "with full voice!"
Sent this to a friend/family member close to me, who is facing chemo, and HOPE is her strength to face all that is coming with that Cross - cancer/surgery/chemo/radiation and the result is hope and answered prayers for healing, and cured, and many years here with us!
“‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
then I will enter his house and dine with him,
and he with me..." Revelations 3
Such assuring and words to remind us to ask Jesus in... He is there waiting to come in and dwell in us and gives us Himself in Word, Body and Blood... The Church is there to help us find HOPE and stagger down the narrow path as we carry/drag The Most Cherished Cross!
Mother and dad are now together and rejoicing in heaven forever!
Very special and graces given - you can't take your wealth with you, but this is the pearl of great price.
We are reminded in the Gospel today - Zacchaeus, who was wealthy by being a tax collector, a hated and dishonest profession.. answers the Lord's call to have him come into his home for a meal, and sees the Truth of what really matters and is of great value in our lives - our Faith in Jesus, Mary, All the Saints and The Church!
But Zacchaeus stood there and said to the Lord,
“Behold, half of my possessions, Lord, I shall give to the poor,
and if I have extorted anything from anyone
I shall repay it four times over.”
And Jesus said to him,
“Today salvation has come to this house
because this man too is a descendant of Abraham.
For the Son of Man has come to seek
and to save what was lost.” Luke 19
Lord, we long to die to self so that you may live in us! How you long to come and dwell with us and we say "Yes!" Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Much better without silly grandma... just adorable Birdie Barbara.
Danielle Rose - she is amazing and so in love with The Church!
Zach Williams
Tauren Wells






No comments:
Post a Comment