For Pat and I - Revelations 21:22-2522 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there.
Jesus in his humble monstrance of wood on the altar morning and evening... the chairs for Pat and I to sit in as a couple in adoration were in that open area right before the altar and the icon of Mary with Jesus "eating her chin" out of LOVE for her! (I have seen my grandchildren do this to their mothers, and how I love the bond of mother and child!)She was gazing down at us as we were blessed with time with her Son on the altar, as we joined the glorious voices of The Community in singing our love and thanks to Him!
Then the words from Scripture for each couple, and finally Little Brother Isaac brought Jesus to us! He was inches from us and the tears of deep LOVE and the reality of His Presence amazed Pat and I and the tears flowed like a river for me! My family filled my heart - all the ups and downs and wounds still needing to be healed and the LOVE we need to find to live out the motto of The Lamb - "Wounded, I will never cease to LOVE."
The beginning of the Gospel today is just as Jesus is coming down the mountain after being transfigured as in the Gospel before it on Saturday! As Pat and I shared it on our trip home and again this morning after Morning prayer together - Mark 9 continues..
Immediately on seeing him,
the whole crowd was utterly amazed.
They ran up to him and greeted him. Mark 9:14-29
I asked Pat what they saw to be so amazed..."He must have still been glowing or transformed to their eyes." I would have to say that this is how I can describe how I am today- He is glowing, and I am looking at my life now with "resurrection eyes" or eyes that see differently since gazing upon his glorious LIGHT!
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"
Pat's burning question to me as we traveled home in the dark - 7 hours till 2a! "Did they pick this weekend because of the Gospel? Each line was enough to take to heart."
Love your enemies
do good to those who hate you
pray for those who mistreat you.
to the person who strikes you on the cheek , offer the other one as well
Stop judging and you will not be judged
Be merciful just as your Father is merciful... on and on and on...
Due to arrive Friday for supper at 5:30p - Pat and I and 3 of our chickens started on our journey at 9a with a stop on Sioux Falls on the way.
Yes, we were asked to bring "3 hens" to the Little Brothers, and what JOY we have when we are asked to bring along from our farm meat, canned food we make for 6 families, and the last few years either chickens or baby chicks to assist them in their new love for chickens!
Little Brother Isaac is surprised by an early Birthday present - 3 Minnesota chickens!New postulant for the Little Brothers, Iran, who grew up just a few blocks away from The Community with one of our chickens - "they laid 3 brown eggs the first day here!"
Even with so much turmoil and change they are giving them eggs and adjusting to their new life as Little Brother Kansas City chickens. "One of the older chickens is pecking at them, but they are banding together and are brave in the face of all the changes."
My JOY on our first morning was to have my wonderful bowl of strong coffee in front of me... my daughter remains in France, so I am not too proud to bring her along to join me as I know she is doing in spirit.
Across from me with glowing faces are some of my many new daughters as I did not lose a daughter, but gained 200 more!
Oh, Little Sister Benedict has been with us from the very beginning - summer-fall of 2008! What JOY to have her back in KC after she was here for 10 years, became an American citizen, and has been gone for about 3years! She has shared with our journey with all of the ups and downs since Hallel left to enter 9-11-2008!
A blue apron speaks so much of being allowed to share in the LIFE of a Little Sister! The Lord spoils me with allowing me to have some days living as the Bride of Christ that I longed for in a very deep place, and which led for me to come jubilantly into The Church 50 years ago with my entire family - all 13! Each day since has been a gift to me!
Jesus on the altar the morning after our close encounter! He was looking deeply into my heart, and filling me with LOVE and new appreciation for my Most Cherished Cross as Hallel reminded us of our spouses years ago on the occasion of her sister, Nancy's engagement!
Nancy, Look I am writing you a letter... aren't you impressed? Well, you better be because both you and I know how often this happens. I am writing to tell you now extremely excited I am about your engagement to Bill. I have to admit, when I got the news I wasn't really shocked but that night as it sunk in during adoration and the next day during mass I was so happy. My heart overflowed with joy for you. How beautiful to know that you have found your... most cherished cross. While I have never had the experience of being married, from what I hear is that he will truly be your cross. But not your cross as human eyes look at it, as a thing to run away from, as a thing of torture but rather as that which is truly the tree of life. It is only when clinging to the cross that one can truly live, it is the source of all life and of all love. Your marriage to Bill will be this, not something to run away from when it gets hard and when it hurts, but something to hold tight to, especially when it hurts because it is in this that you will find life and love. Know that it is through your marriage that Jesus wants to show you his great love for you and also that the best example that you can give to the world of Christ's love is a marriage lived in truth. So, in other words, know that I am so happy for you and that I love you a whole lot. Know that you are in my prayers during this crazy time of wedding planning; that you may not go crazy but rather learn to love each other better and that you may both have great joy and great peace. Remember to pray for me too! God Bless, Your little Sister Hallel
Hallel with us in our heart! Jesus her spouse!3 years ago Hallel lived in Kansas City as did our daughter, Nancy, who had just had her baby boy, George! I was there to help with her 5th child, and Hallel came to meet him! He wore a sleeper that said "Little Brother." What JOY!
She now has 2 new nieces and a nephew to meet. Yes, there are sacrifices for our family, however, the JOY is that much more when we are allowed to spend time with her.
Lord, all else seems to have faded for me today after gazing upon your LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE so close to me! Your call to me is to leave all behind, and die to self so that you may live in me and I may become your hands and feet and voice of Truth. May I give without counting the cost. "Turn away from sin and embrace the Gospel!" the Word to me this day! How blest are we to have our daughter's "yes" leading us so deeply into our need to come more and more to you each day in your Word and Body and Blood! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Our favorite things - The Leaven Catholic Newspaper A amazing article complete with pictures of our Hallel visiting a lock up for youth. Read it and weep!
Hallel listening through the prison door to a 14 year old, whose birthday was that day. Please take a minute to read the article - you will be deeply touched and moved!Little Brother David!
Archbishop Naumann - my hero as he brought The Community to America and is head of LIFE for the Bishops! LOVE! Our first calf arrived while we were in Kansas City, and another one just as we got back in the middle of the night. So calving begins! Many prayers for our 160+ cows to calf out in the next few months!On this day a year ago I was in Pennsylvania with Nancy and her husband, Bill, as his sister died of cancer. I was allowed to spend her last night with her, her parents and siblings in their home caring for her and praying through the night... my years and love for hospice allowed me to help with her cares, and give them all comfort and some peace in the midst of their immense sorrow! I am eternally grateful to the Lord for allowing me to be there at this most sacred time... as she died surrounded by her family that day! Death is a part of life and hospice allows them to walk peacefully into the sunset of their lives. Bless-bless, Barbara and the 46- 33 here and 13 in heaven
Iran watching his parents go forth and touch/kiss the grotto of healing - The Grotto of Mary the Mother of Jesus. So close to Mary and Jesus! There is room for nothing between us!
Danielle Rose's - See you in the Eucharist
Danielle Rose writes all her music in front of Jesus on the altar. She has written a song for all 20 decades of the rosary - this last song True LOVE is what my Hallel listened to over and over before she left for France - True LOVE= the Cross!
No comments:
Post a Comment