Friday, February 4, 2022

Therese's Confirmation-her mother's story/Fr Denny on the altar/Family weekend supreme-on the road we go in our chapel on wheels!

I have been making these 5 cards over the last days. I am not much of a gift giver, but I do take my cards very seriously.  2 Baptism cards for Regina and Thomas, 2 Confirmation cards for Therese and Simon, and a First Reconciliation card for Luke.  I am so filled with excitement at all of these grandchildren taking steps in their Faith journey... some embracing The Church for their lifetime as they are confirmed!

I wrote to Therese that I recall very clearly driving her mother, 3rd daughter Maria Theresa, to her confirmation and reminding her that she was promising to be Catholic for her life in this step she was taking. I knew that she was looking at Efree as she had a serious boyfriend that was making her question her Catholic Faith.  She proceeded to be confirmed that day.

I went at 5:45a to pray while Pat was at This Man is You for Fr Denny with 7 Sisters.  While I was praying Fr Denny came to say mass for us!  So special to see him lighting the candles on the altar as LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT entered the world through his celebrating the Eucharist with us as Christ through his priesthood!

Yes, Maria was confirmed that day and we strongly directed her to a Catholic College - St Thomas, when she said that Gustavus would be her first choice.  No, if we are paying for private - it WILL be Catholic!  The first week there she asked a seminarian where the nearest E Free Church would be.  "We have to talk" was his response!  Not only did she not miss a Sunday mass - she started going to daily mass and decided to pursue Catholic Studies - studying in Rome for her entire Sophomore year!  

Fr Denny preparing the altar while I am praying for his priesthood.  So special indeed!

The letter I received from Maria while working Susan's TEC retreat - it made me ugly cry as I was so grateful for the Lord to answer our many prayers for her to love The True Church!  It is taped inside of my TEC Bible since January 2002!  20 years!!!  It brings me as much JOY and our 50th anniversary of all 13 coming into The Church.  There is nothing that gives more happiness than sharing our Faith as a Family!

"I have definitely renewed my love of The Catholic Church and everything in it..."  
We visited Maria wihle studing in Rome with Catholic Studies!  St John Paul II was pope and we saw him at masses during Lent while we were there!  
That is not the end of Maria's newfound love for The Church.  She returned from Rome excited to discern a call to Contemplative life as a Poor Clare Nun!  She spent 5 months asking the Lord to show her His Plan.  She discerned out after 5 months with some sadness that this was not for her.  She is now married to Captain Joseph for 14 years and they had their 7th child in thelast year - Magdalene Rose!  

In my Bible with an engagement picture!  Prayer is REAL and it works powerfully in our lives!  Such a treasure!  
Joseph and Maria on their wedding day - June 2,2007!  They had 4 priests and my Deacon father, Dc Robert Cross all celebrating their mass!  Lots of Latin during the msas from many young people on fire for The Catholic Church!  Wow!
A true Catholic wedding for my 3rd daughter, who fell in LOVE with the Church after half-heartedly being confirmed!
Oh dad!  LOVE this!  My dad was involved in most of our weddings.  They missed John's due to mom breaking her foot!

It is such a joy to pray for our dear friend, Fr Denny, each Friday as he was the director of Together Encounter Christ TEC retreats in our diocese for many years.  I made mine the end of 1999, and Pat early in 2000 after our 3 oldest had all attended and asked us to go.  We could no longer say that our faith was OK... PRAYER became REAL there!
So blessed to have him semi retired here in Marshall!  Thank you, Fr Denny, for all you do to bring LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT/Jesus into our lives!
Out to get the mail in zero degree weather with my cat, Ignatius.  
Runing to the house and out of the cold!  

We are soon to head out on the road for Nancy's home in Delano and our Big family push for the weekend begins!  We will be there so that in the wee hours of the morning Nancy and Regina can fly to Seattle for Therese's confirmation on Sunday.  Nancy is her sponsor.  

We are needed as her hubby will be attending a Exodus 90 retreat until he needs to return to come to Marshall to be Simon's sponsor as he is confirmed here in Marshall also on Sunday.  After Simon's Confirmation... he and his sister Mary will be Godparents for the Baptism of theiir baby brother, Thomas Robert!  

So blessed!  Our Church is amazing and glorious and beautiful and filled with True LIGHT!  

Psalm 18 today gives a bit of the wonder and awe that fills me this day and forward!

Responsorial Psalm 18:31, 47 and 50, 51

R.        (see 47b)  Blessed be God my salvation!
God’s way is unerring,
            the promise of the LORD is fire-tried;
            he is a shield to all who take refuge in him.
R.        Blessed be God my salvation!
The LORD live! And blessed be my Rock!
            Extolled be God my savior.
Therefore will I proclaim you, O LORD, among the nations,
            and I will sing praise to your name.

Stunning the sunrise on Lake Michigan today!  One of my most loved places - close to heaven for me!

Since we are up close to the Cities - we are getting a sitter for the kids and heading to my brother's restaurant in Center City close to the Wisconsin border for a lunch gathering with most all of my siblings!  I am pumped to see and share and enjoy Phil's food!  Many hopes and prayers for this rare time together in the midst of this crazy time in the world!  

Jesus, may we have safety on the roads and warm loving family times sharing our Faith as we given so many graces and help for the journey down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross with heaven forever with You as our goal!  May we die to self and serve without counting the cost.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah


Brother Victor and dad today writing about the cold winter winds.  Dad never left for warm climates with mom - always stayed and faced the winter for 95 years!  "This too shall pass" indeed!  I am ready for warmer weather and so is my cat, Iggy!  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 46... 33 here and 13 in heaven.
Jenny Owens - If you want me to
Ruth gave the first talk at TEC in January of 2002 while her youngest sister was making her first retreat.  Ruth talked about how we need to ask the Lord his plan for our lives and it is not always easy.  Susan/now Little Sister Hallel as well as I were wiping tears as she gave her talk and played this song!  














Danielle Rose


Danny Gokey


 

No comments:

Post a Comment