Tom Tom is looking for his pretty pretty mommy and instead finds his grandpa Farmer Pat.
4 pictures to capture openness to LIFE and raising LIGHTS! The motto our family lives by since our Engagement weekend 44 years ago in St Paul. We shared with the other couples that we wanted to have 12 kids! Not one couple agreed with us that a large family would be a wonderful way to live our married life. At most 2 children, some even questioned that..."The world is too much of a mess to bring children into."
I even began to question if we were being selfish to have a large family. When I asked Pat what he thought - His immediate answer to me - "The world needs lights." Yes! So true and my doubts evaporated into thin air. Of course, now with the ability to look back on how it all played out - I have 5 here with me and 7 in heaven. The Lord's ways are mysterious.
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"
Susan/Hallel's letter to Nancy on the occasion of her engagement to Bill in 2010 - our spouse is our Most Cherished Cross - Tree of LIFE!
Nancy, Look I am writing you a letter... aren't you impressed? Well, you better be because both you and I know how often this happens. I am writing to tell you now extremely excited I am about your engagement to Bill. I have to admit, when I got the news I wasn't really shocked but that night as it sunk in during adoration and the next day during mass I was so happy. My heart overflowed with joy for you. How beautiful to know that you have found your... most cherished cross. While I have never had the experience of being married, from what I hear is that he will truly be your cross. But not your cross as human eyes look at it, as a thing to run away from, as a thing of torture but rather as that which is truly the tree of life. It is only when clinging to the cross that one can truly live, it is the source of all life and of all love. Your marriage to Bill will be this, not something to run away from when it gets hard and when it hurts, but something to hold tight to, especially when it hurts because it is in this that you will find life and love. Know that it is through your marriage that Jesus wants to show you his great love for you and also that the best example that you can give to the world of Christ's love is a marriage lived in truth. So, in other words, know that I am so happy for you and that I love you a whole lot. Know that you are in my prayers during this crazy time of wedding planning; that you may not go crazy but rather learn to love each other better and that you may both have great joy and great peace. Remember to pray for me too! God Bless, Your little Sister Hallel
John was the last one to wear the little green jacket of the 5. No, we were not done having children because we had that boy! We had 2 boys I carried for 5 months that were stillbirths, and are buried at the cemetery, and a miscarriage after that. Our losses made us all appreciate each other so very much, as we suffered the losses together. We also LOVE all LIFE as a result of our shared experiences of loving LIFE in the womb, and then sadly losing it.I saw this especially in Susan, who was before John with 2 miscarriages between them. She was so in LOVE with her baby brother and always watching out for him. We have a beautiful story in our family of her saving his life... as we were out in the yard - she looked around asking ;"Where's John?" Looking around we spotted him toddling into the barn while Pat was starting to back out the tractor! He was scooped up and saved!
9 years ago we had our first calf - Snow Crystal born to Mary's pet cow, Snowball.Overnight we had calf #5 which hubby carried out of the barn for a trip a mile away to a horse barn with some warmer stalls where mom and baby can bond in comfort.
Now calf #6 getting a lift...
Pat and Ruth taking them to their new location. Ruth said that they went right into their new stalls. After a snow overnight the landscape was white and beautiful in the bright February Sunshine.
Grandma and Thomas by the big picture windows...
Smiling for grandma on the new alfghan that mom is working on in her spare time. Ruth always to have busy hands creating beauty.
I say you are going to have blue eyes like your dad, Mary and David.
Always need 3 of everything... especially when you are smiling for grandma.
Peaceful cow TV, rosary nap time with my arm full of 3 month old baby boy.
Grandpa came in to make him smile big with his big fingers on his chubby cheeks, "and get some hay on him." According to mom and true.
For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother
and be joined to his wife,
and the two shall become one flesh.
So they are no longer two but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together,
no human being must separate.” Luke 10
It is always special to have Fr Denny come into The Church while I am praying for him with 7 Sisters on Friday. Today he had a funeral so there was activity going on. It is such an honor to pray for our dear friend's ministry and for TEC seems to be part of it too! How we long for this wonderful retreat to return for our diocese. Such a wonderful evangelization tool for sharing the Faith we love so much!
and the two shall become one flesh. Add to that that marriage can only be between a man and a woman! No doubt! Jesus, we are so blessed by your clear words of Truth. May we die to self so that we may LOVE as you love without counting the cost. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara married to my Most Cherished Cross, Patrick, for LIFE and now 33 here on earth and 13 in heaven = 46!
Tauren WellsDanielle Rose - True love
No comments:
Post a Comment