Thursday, March 10, 2022

Major achievement! Major Joseph/Mister Rogers - "your kindness and your truth"

Maria placed the cap of Major after removing the captain's cap on her army JAG officer husband Joseph!  Yes, Captain Joseph is now Major Joseph!  Receiving applause by his men gathered around him... he than had an exercise of physical games afterwards!   

Military is new for us.  Yes, my dad served briefly in WW2, and Pat's brother Ed served during Viet Nam, but ended up in Germany the whole time.  But for a son in law and his family of 9 to be spending years going up in rank and now a lawyer in the army... well, we know that Major Joseph is a man of strong faith and integrity and is promoting his Catholic Faith in a place where it is so sorely needed!  What a man of serving our country, Church, and world!  

Baby Maggie out while dad is working with his men after Maria served them all a celebratory breakfast and then the ceremony!

Magdalene Rose was born last May while her dad now Major Joseph was deployed to Afghanistan!  I and Joe's mom came to be with Maria and the 6 older kids at that time.  We were so impressed by the other officers and their wives and neighbors and CCW - we did not have to make a single meal!  Amazing!  

7 year old Romeo with his dad working out behind him..  I am sure the kids were getting active too!

Joseph was also deployed in 2012 when Patrick had a traumatic birth - born dead and brought back to life - spent the first 3 weeks in NICU, and his dad returned home to be with Maria at this scary time!  Patrick is now 9 and totally healthy in every way after being surrounded by so many prayers!

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The story of little Lamb - grandson Patrick

13 year old Therese and Romeo watching and I am sure taking part in all the work out. So Major Joseph to have war games with his men to celebrate his promotion.  He takes his daily workouts very seriously!  Even when he was here for our Christmas gatherings he was doing burpees in our dining room!

5 year old Evangeline Mary has done her share of Burpees with her dad no doubt!
Wow!  What a scene and it looks like Major Joseph is there and in charge!

I have been deeply moved by a memory that came up on FB about Mister Rogers!  I went to the person, who originally shared this story - Tom Joad, and discovered that he died at the age of 61 in 2019 and was a public figure... I am giving him all the credit here, but I am going to copy and paste it here for all to take the time to read and weep!

And then I found this.
"I don’t mean to dishonor the other stories here. But there is one I wanted to add.
A good portion of my pro-bono work is defending abused children. It’s a cause close to my heart. In the course of my work I met a man who was an adult survivor. You wouldn’t have known it looking at him. He was this gigantic Polynesian guy. Wild curly hair. I think of him every time I see Khal Drogo on GoT. He was counseling some of the little kids, and doing a fantastic job of it.
I visited his home to get his opinion on something and I noticed a little toy on his desk. It was Trolley. Naturally curious, I asked him about it. This is what he told me:
“The most dangerous time for me was in the afternoon when my mother got tired and irritable. Like clockwork. Now, she liked to beat me in discreet places so my father wouldn’t see the bruises. That particular day she went for the legs. Not uncommon for her. I was knocked down and couldn’t get back up. Also not uncommon. She gave me one last kick, the one I had come to learn meant ‘I’m done now’. Then she left me there upstairs, face in the carpet, alone. I tried to get up, but couldn’t. So I dragged myself, arm over arm, to the television, climbed up the tv cabinet and turned on the TV.
“And there was Mr. Rogers. It was the end of the show and he was having a quiet, calm conversation with those hundreds of kids. In that moment, he seemed to look me in the eye when he said ‘And I like you just for being you’. In that moment, it was like he was reaching across time and space to say these words to me when I needed them most.
“It was like the hand of God, if you’re into that kind of thing. It hit me in the soul. I was a miserable little kid. I was sure I was a horrible person. I was sure I deserved every last moment of abuse, every blow, every bad name. I was sure I earned it, sure I didn’t deserve better. I *knew* all of these things … until that moment. If this man, who I hadn’t even met, liked me just for being me, then I couldn’t be all bad. Then maybe someone could love me, even if it wasn’t my mom.
“It gave me hope. If that nice man liked me, then I wasn’t a monster. I was worth fighting for. From that day on, his words were like a secret fortress in my heart. No matter how broken I was, no matter how much it hurt or what was done to me, I could remember his words, get back on my feet, and go on for another day.
“That’s why I keep Trolley there. To remind me that, no matter how terrible things look, someone who had never met me liked me just for being me, and that makes even the worst day worth it to me. I know how stupid it sounds, but Mr. Rogers saved my life.”
The next time I saw him, he was talking to one of my little clients. When they were done with their session, he helped her out of her chair, took both of her hands, looked her in the eyes and said: “And remember, I like you just for being you.”
That, to me, is Mr. Rogers’ most powerful legacy. All of the little lives he changed and made better with simple and sincere words of love and kindness."
May be an image of 1 person

Grandson Augustine, who will be 11 in May with an adorable white face calf 10 years ago.  

With 22 grandchildren now... I admit that I use Public TV when they stay with me and Daniel Tiger is now the way that Mister Rogers message of love and kindness is shared.  My children watched Mister Rogers and Susan/Hallel even won a scholarship for attending St Thomas Catholic Studies by writing about how Mister Rogers had touched her while growing up with his unconditional love and kindness.

Sweet Bernadette with one of her mom's soft books from felt that promote Faith!  Catholic Sprouts

Responsorial Psalm 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8

R.        (3a)  Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart,
            for you have heard the words of my mouth;
            in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise;
I will worship at your holy temple
            and give thanks to your name.
R.        Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
Because of your kindness and your truth;
            for you have made great above all things
            your name and your promise.
When I called, you answered me;
            you built up strength within me.
R.        Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
Your right hand saves me.
The LORD will complete what he has done for me;
            your kindness, O LORD, endures forever;
            forsake not the work of your hands.
R.        Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.

The 138th Psalm today speaks of how the Lord looked after this young boy with the help of the kind words from the heart of Mister Rogers!

So very sad to know that there is abuse of children, and even more how Abortion came to be accepted and if you are prolife you are looked down upon and ridiculed.  Lord, protect all Lives from conception to natural death!
That young boy was so totally humbled!  His plea was heard by the Lord and he used Mister Rogers to speak to his soul!  So powerful and I am sure there are many other stories!  I know for my Susan - her younger brother speaks of how he would watch her walk through the halls always being kind to all!!!  His message of being kind certainly affected her without a doubt!  
Embracing our Most Cherished Cross to find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  
We are blessed!  

The Gospel today is a promise to us on our journey staggering down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross!

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Ask and it will be given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened..."  Matthew 7:7-12

Thank you, Lord, for Lent!  
St Mother Teresa of Calcutta today... let us truly empty ourselves so that Jesus can dwell in us and we can become his hands and feet and voice of Truth and kindness!

If we are the body - Casting Crowns


Mom and Pope Benny today! - JOY!

Dad's daily devotion by Brother Victor today - new life in the barn!  We have that going on now with calving - our first 20 are here!  Now for 150 more!  Bring them here safe and sound, O Lord!  All you works of the Lord, O bless the Lord.


Dad and "the Name" in morning prayer this morning!  I am sure he is giving Jesus, Mary, and all the Saints the highest praise of The Name in heaven with mom.  Talk about JOY!!!


Lord, we ask that our kindness and your truth may help those that are hurting in our lives and world.   ‘And I like you just for being you’. the message of Mister Rogers - may we truly live that out in our lives as loving our neighbors as ourselves. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen

Bless-bless, Barbara and the 48 - 33 here and 15 in heaven including mom and dad


















Danielle Rose 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment