Friday, May 6, 2022

How can John 6 be ignored?/Saul becomes St Paul - "...I will show him what he will have to suffer for my name.”

One of my favorite ways to get little ones, who are constantly on the move, to be side by side is to lay them on the floor and then try to distract them.  It helped to put Birdie's special blanket under them, and then to snap away while they had their 1 year old and 2 year old antics side by side!  
These two are just exactly a year apart, so I am hoping that they will be good cousin friends down the road.  
The dance of LIFE!  
Finally Birdie was up and wanted to get her blanket back...

So very much today in the Readings for mass!  The conversion story of St Paul from murderous hateful Saul to...He stayed some days with the disciples in Damascus,
and he began at once to proclaim Jesus in the synagogues,
that he is the Son of God.  Acts 9:20  

Yes, a total about face from persecuting Christians to proclaiming that Jesus is the Son of God!  I love and smile when the risen Lord tells Ananias in a dream this...“Go, for this man is a chosen instrument of mine

to carry my name before Gentiles, kings, and children of Israel,
and I will show him what he will have to suffer for my name.”

The 3 youngest military kids here with their mom for our huge family gathering - the first time my 5 kids were together since we were in France for Hallel's final vows 4 years ago.  My kitty got lots of attention that he is not used to!  
Outift ant topknot thanks to crazy grandma on soon to be a year old Maggie!  

Don't you just kind of smile that Jesus allowed St Paul to suffer for his Name?  Well, really we all are called to take up our Cross and follow Him!  I was especially touched by a reading from 2Timothy 1 used by a special friend at her funeral mass yesterday and how St Paul shares so beautifully that exact suffering and the blessings and graces that come with our embracing our Most Cherished Cross and following Jesus!

6For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 8So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. 9He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. 11And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. 12That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.
13What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. 14Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.  2 Timothy 1:6-14

I got a call to go over and help with Tommy while mom was out working with the cows and calves - so we went out to visit the 9 kittens that now live in the playhouse.  It struck me that Tommy is using his hands more...
Reaching out to meet the baby kitten...
He got a grip on the ear...
"Come here kitten - you are soft and fuzzy and interesting to me!"  

The beautiful powerful witness of St Paul's conversion and tireless work for Christ sharing his Word far and wide... I have no doubt that he was fueled by the Body and Blood of Jesus that is given to us each day in The Church!  St Paul was probably one of the first priests and shared The Body and Blood with those that he encountered and brought to know Jesus!  And recieve Him in the Eucharist!  

It baffles me how the words of Christ today in John 6 where there is no doubt of what he is saying to us...Jesus said to them,
“Amen, amen, I say to you,
unless you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man and drink his Blood,
you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood
has eternal life,
and I will raise him on the last day.
For my Flesh is true food,
and my Blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood
remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me
and I have life because of the Father,
so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.
This is the bread that came down from heaven.
Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died,
whoever eats this bread will live forever.”  John 6:52-59

How this can be ignored and other Christians act like it is not even in the Bible!  How is that possible?

Tommy found out how to get the kitty closer - grab an ear! 

All I know is that Jesus does tell us, and the True Church started with St Peter as the first pope, and the priesthood is there to continue to give us Jesus' Body and Blood with each day of our journey!  

Joy had to protect the baby kitten from the grip of her baby brother!  
A white one with blue eyes ...

Siamese baby kitten with 5 month old Tom Tom.
Joy the playhouse and the baby kittens and their moms.
Moving cows and calves 
Thirsty kitten
Gathered around the water bowl
Thirsty kittens!
Pigs on the farm now for 4H!  
Dad in Office of Readings today!  Now to go and read it with Fr Denny as I pray with 7 sisters for him.  "you are incontestably alive!"
Such beautiful words from Pope Benedict XVI today about Mary!  

Also Mary is loved by dad's man, Brother Victor today!  
She is my wonderful companion through my Life, too!  My rosary beads are constantly taking me to Jesus through Mary and I pray for my family and Fr Denny, too!    Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and all



 

No comments:

Post a Comment