On my way home from mass and water aerobics I had a phone conversation with a special sister-in-law, Angela - she and my brother, Dan, love The Church as we do and how we love to share our journeys together! United in our Faith and Family!
Angela and I shared about our concerns for Maria's family and her son, Sam's family with wife and 5 young children that are in the process of moving to Montreal for a year. The large city aspect as well as the neighborhoods with open drinking and drugs are making us worry and pray extra hard for their safety. Angela, who spent some time growing up in the projects in Minneapolis with her 11 siblings, and I who with my 10 younger siblings was moved into the inner city of Flint, MI by my parents to experience LIFE... well, we both know the challenges they will face now.
We attended mass there on Sunday and the friar, who works with the University students gave the homily. So important to have our Catholic Faith there and knowing that Maria and all are starting their day with Jesus in Word and Sacrament of His Body and Blood!
I was struck today when Fr Tony sent us forth at the end of mass, which my hubby joined me today, "Go forth and share The Gospel." Yes! In my own small way here I am sharing The LIGHT I am given!
Angela and I realize from our experience in tough neighborhoods that vigilance to protect the children is vital and that with the hard things - the good is that much better. Like the kind neighbor, who helped Major Joseph and husband farmer Pat to unload the entire livestock trailer!
Bobbi shared with hubby about his being a recovering alcoholic for years and insights about the neighborhood. Maria and the grandkids commented on how wonderful Pat is with wanting to know and share with others. The cupala above at mass is the sky with stars of the heavens!Holy water font with St Thomas Acquinas church... Swimming in a sea of it!The song by Peter Mayer - Holy now! Our challenges can be made Holy by our love and following of Jesus!The family table sharing our celebratory meal after mass - the 7 children are 14 to one - a child every other year!
Oldest daughter, Therese, is 14 and started Catholic high school on line on Monday. I am wanting to check in with her and see how she is liking it! Such a shining LIGHT she is!
With Our Lady watching over them! The same icon that The Community of the Lamb has in their chapels and Maria compared this year as similar to them as they will be living for this year among the poor and down and out!
My rosary beads bring peace to me and each decade is devoted to one of my 5 children. Therefore, the 3rd decade is for Maria and her 9 members of their family. I know that they are under the protection of the Lord and Lady!
So exciting to see that we are beginning to have for our first reading at Mass from St Paul to the Corinthians - today we started at the very beginning of I Corinthians! Beautiful words indeed!
I give thanks to my God always on your account
for the grace of God bestowed on you in Christ Jesus,
that in him you were enriched in every way,
with all discourse and all knowledge,
as the testimony to Christ was confirmed among you,
so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift
as you wait for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
He will keep you firm to the end,
irreproachable on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God is faithful,
and by him you were called to fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. I Cor 1
Love these words of amazing St Paul today and how we are reminded that God is forever faithful to us if we only turn to him and lay our burdens at his feet. Jesus, we trust in you!
LOVE this!
So happy to have her back in her alcove at church... I am drawn to her each morning to thank her for being with me on the narrow path as I drag my Most Cherished Cross!
St Mother Teresa of Calcutta hear our prayer!
Dad and Brother Victor yesterday...
Take the last place - no one else will want to take it from you!
Dad memorized this prayer and said each evening to end our praying evening Prayer of The Church together! Dad was a permanent deacon in The Catholic Church for 44 years and the last 6 months of his life living here on the farm with me on hospice allowed me to share in his religious life! He brought the 13 into The Catholic Church 50 years ago! Thanks dad!!!
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!
Very much speaking to Father Tony's final send off - "Go forth and share the Gospel." Jesus comes to us and shares the Truth in his Word each day! I love to begin the night before reading the Gospel for the next day as we have learned from Hallel's Community of the Lamb! I get very excited wondering what it will be... Bless-bless, Barbara and the 54 - 34 here and 20 in heaven
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment