Saturday, August 13, 2022

"There is so much more to do at the fair!" - Breakfast at the fair, too!/"Let the children come to me..." Jesus

Breakfast at the fair this morning put on by Farm Bureau!  Free!!!!   These two sharing the wagon one with a sausage and one with some pancake are advertising the great meal in the hoop barn with cool breezes blowing.
Free Breakfast brought out the crowds, and Ruth and Nancy's families along with Bobbi and her kids!  
Nancy pointed out that there is so much more going on at the fair than she remembers growing up here.  Yes, the fair is improving and expanding every year.  The fact that it is now free to attend and parking is also easier back by the barns, also more activities.  Nancy is impressed how Ruth's family literally lives at the fair!  
A special honor for our 2 city kids that showed in Cloverbuds for the first time this year.  The judge gave them a special banner to share with a pig and fair and Cloverbuds on it.  That made them feel special.  
Waiting for the rodeo, which was also packed to the rafters!  
People ask if they are twins - no, they are first cousins one month apart in age.  Tom is Ruth and Paul's 7th child and Regina is Nancy and Bill's 6th child.  We predict that they will be buddies for their lives.  
The pig showing crew with assorted siblings too!  Farm kids Big Dave, Luke and Rose took Gus, Bernadette, Dominic and Josephine under their wings and they all showed pigs at our county fair!  I think they are hooked.
The little ones are so loved!  Big sister, Bernadette, with her baby sister, Regina Maria!  

The little ones are so special and close at hand as we watch the older ones in the 4H shows.  3 year old George hugging his baby sister, Gina.
As I say - they are loved and as a result of all that love they are very happy babies!
 George and Birdie...
Tom and Gina with the pig show going on in the ring - David, Gus and Rose all showing in this class of pigs.

The Gospel today speaks of how we are to keep our children in the presence of Jesus asking him to place his hands on them and pray!

Gospel Mt 19:13-15

Children were brought to Jesus
that he might lay his hands on them and pray.
The disciples rebuked them, but Jesus said,
"Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them;
for the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
After he placed his hands on them, he went away.

Our grandchildren are definitely brought to the Lord as their parents lead them in prayer each evening and at meals!  They also attend mass each week as a family... how we love to share our Faith as a Family!  Faith/Family/Farm is our JOY!
Pat's huge hands holding our 2 youngest grandchildren - how he loves all LIFE and the little ones are always on his lap or in his arms!  How I love that about my Most Cherished Cross!  Open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS!  
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!" 
I had quite a powerful experience yesterday praying with 7 Sisters for Fr Denny.  On the 4th Sorrowful mystery - Jesus carries his Cross - I do the stations as dad and I would do when we said the Sorrowful Mysteries on the porch on Tuesdays and Fridays.  When I came to Jesus falls the 3rd time - I walked up close so that I could see the face of Jesus on the ground in agony...  The Cross he has to shoulder again as he is stripped in totaly humiliation and then nailed to the Cross!  
Totally defeated - yet, death he overcame and we are saved by the Blood of the Cross!  Dying to self so that we may live!  Now we are asked to take up our Cross and follow him!  
Jesus in the tabernacle and the Cross overhead.  Fridays are steeped in prayer with mass then water aerobics and back to the beautiful peaceful Church with Jesus for an hour praying for my good friend Fr Denny each Friday - the sorrowful mysteries and Office of Readings and Morning prayer - I join Fr Denny praying the Prayer of The Church on my phone.

A cute story about Fr Denny when he first came to Marshall a few years back.  I was in the Adoration chapel after mass and Fr Denny came in to pray.  He got our his phone and I knew that he was reading morning prayer on his phone, but I thought that it appears to some that he is just looking at his phone... same for me now that I do the Prayer of The Church on my phone and I smile and also cross myself often to others know that I am actually praying and not looking at Facebook.  
The babies with bigger George.
Watermelon in the wagon...
Cool night for family at the rodeo.
Water melon slice with two sticky babies - next fair they will be toddling in two different directions.  There were times when kids had to be located... and a joke about how long it takes to locate and load big families in their vehicles to go home.  Also Pat found a small farm boy saying; "What the hell!" like his farmer dad to be soooooo Funny!!!! 
Brothers and roommates on the farm sharing Cloverbuds showing beef together.  LOVE the siblings and cousins helping each other out and sharing 4H at the fair!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 54 - 34 with us and 20 in heaven.  
 
 "I pray because the need flows out of me
all the time, waking and sleeping.
It doesn't change God, it changes me." - CS Lewis
 
 
"For my part, I know that all the great moments of my day
are found in the incomparable hours that I spend on my knees
in darkness before the Most Blessed Sacrament
of the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 
I am, so to speak, swallowed up in God
and surrounded on all sides by His presence.
I would like to belong now to God alone
and to plunge into the purity of His love.
And yet, I can tell how poor I am,
how far from loving the Lord as He loved me
to the point of giving Himself up for me."
 
Robert Cardinal Sarah
The Power of Silence
Against the Dictatorship of Noise
 
Cardinal-Sarah-resized.jpg (460×276)
__________________









Danielle Rose




Tauren Wells


 

No comments:

Post a Comment