9 month old grandson, Tom, yesterday as we had 3 pails of tomatoes waiting for us to do after our 5 days on the road.
LOVE the red shorts and all the red tomatoes, and he did take a bite out of it and was a total mess in short order.
Red shorts photo shoot before we had to dig in and put in a day's work canning salsa - 61 quarts!
My one sunflower bloomed while I was away- probably 7 feet tall.
Lots of wonderful tomatoes - too many to eat means that we need to make our food for our 6 families! Ruth has been telling me lately that she will not continue to include all her sisters without their helping to make the food. "You do half the work, so you are welcome to share it."
Looks like a good year - spaghetti sauce next and we will can hundreds of quarts - Ruth uses at least a jar a week so that is 52 right there!
A high point for me during our time in Virginia was dress up with the 3 younger kids! I got a new phone/camera the day before we left , and I sure loved the portrait pictures that I got in front of that wonderful window and LIGHT. Beautiful kids and special dresses made me smile and giggle with delight!
Little Sister Evangeline Mary in stunning blue! I was struck by the first reading today from Revelations 21 and this...The angel spoke to me, saying,
“Come here.
I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.”
To me the reference to Bride means newly wed and still in the honeymoon stage, but "wife" refers to a much more worn and battle weary partner, who has struggled down the narrow path carrying/dragging her Most Cherished Cross! Yes, I am weak and lowly and I drag my Cross as well as die to self so that I can live out the motto of The Community of the Lamb - "Wounded, I will never cease to love."
The absolute best with both looking and smiling! I still took so many just because it was like being in a dream of imaginations.
Yes, they were clapping and dancing and did I say adorable? Grandma will use these over and over with her card making. They make my heart sing!
Let all your works give you thanks, O LORD,
and let your faithful ones bless you. Psalm 145 from mass today is a Hallel Psalm which means that it is giving the Lord the highest of praise!
Special jewels made my 5 year old granddaughter, Evie! It made me feel special... I even wore my necklase today to swim aerobics!
Maggie before the trailer was unloaded. I am sure Maria is very busy unpacking now.
in the upstairs bathroom - a painting I did for Maria while she was in high school 20+ years ago - our cabin on Lake Michigan and books inspired me by Bill Peet.
The pink dress now on the monkey... the light from those windows is dreamy!
Barely a path to walk through after the trailer was unloaded... so much work ahead, but Maria has always enjoyed moving furniture around and organizing. She has plenty of days of that ahead of her.
The 3 girls - 14 yo Therese, 5 yo Evangeline, and 15 month old Magdalene.
Mass in the Dominican church on campus - St Thomas Acquinas - during welcome week
Driving though University of Virginia - Major Joseph is now a student here for the next year.
We shared our traditional family brunch before we started for home with our empty trailer.
The house is big and all they need or want, but the neighborhood was a surprise and "on the wrong side of the tracks." Maria made me smile, however, when she reminded us - "The Little Sisters live like this so we can too." Yes, Hallel and her Community are the poor and they live in poor neighborhoods and are a shining LIGHT for them. Many prayers for safety.
I love, LOVE, love All that the Church teaches and gives to me as Truth! I am not a shopping cart Catholic that picks and chooses what they will follow!
Such a special feast and the Anniversary of Hallel's entering The Community 13 years ago!
She's back!!! I was so happy and excited to see that our statue of Mary and Jesus was back in her alcove! All fresh and mended! I had to light a candle for our family!
I had to do over today and say hello too! She is my best companion with me and never leaving me alone no matter what I face in my life. I am ready for some peace and slowing down of all that each day holds. In answer to hubby's question of wanting to go to The State Fair - no!!!St Joseph is also back and there was some wondering if he would have a staff or some lilies - a staff is the answer.
No more broken fingers and so nice and shiney new!
We are seeding alphalfa - granddaughter, Mary, bringing the 4 wheeler home - today she is at the State Fair with her goat.
Hot dry and dusty - Lord, please send rain!
Pat on the seeder - we are off to Brookings soon to get more seed.
"Though I had believed in transubstantiation for more than a year,
Kimberly Hahn
Our Journey to Catholicism
Today is the FEAST DAY of

Danielle Rose
Zach Williams

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
%20-%20Copy.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment