Friday, August 26, 2022

The Gospel comes to LIFE - wise virgins with their lamps lit for the Bridegroom!

Hallel holding her lamp lit for her Bridegroom on the day of her final vows!  Today's Gospel lived out as Fr Denny shared - "We cannot give another faith.  That is a personal decision to encounter our Lord and Lady with a 'yes'.  The oil is symbolic of our faith that takes flame in our lamps to give light to those around us and to welcome our Bridegroom/Jesus."  

For Hallel Jesus is her spouse, and her vow to Him on this day and forward - "I promise unto death."  Such a lesson to all of her family and how we are to give ourselves totally and completely in our marriage to our spouses as well as to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! 

August 15, 2018 was the wedding day of our nun, Little Sister Hallel, in Saint Pierre, France in the foothills of the Pyrenees Mountains in southern France.  The sign of her final vows is the Lamb she wears around her neck replacing the wooden cross she has worn since she entered in 2008.
Our faces aglow after spending close time in the presence of Our Lord in Eucharist and Adoration in the Trinity Cathedral
Hallel's lamb was taken from this piece of wood and the surrounding wood has the words of the motto of her Community of the Lamb - "Wounded, I will never cease to love."  It was gifted to her parents and is much needed as a reminder that we are called to die to self and serve our Most Cherished Cross/spouse without counting the cost.
My farmer Pat's huge hands holding this powerful reminder of our call to embrace our Most Cherished Cross no matter the wounds that come with LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
WE sat under the Cross on the hillside as watched as our daughter took her final vows - to hear her voice in English in the midst of 2 hours of French - "I promise unto death."  I was awash in tears of deep emotion at the power of it all!  
The 21 but really we were 24 with the 3 in the womb!  3 grandsons born the next spring were all there in the womb.  LIFE is real to us!  
Our 5 children here with us and in spirit the 7 losses in heaven!  
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!" 
Back from France and taking some Lourdes water to my parents.  How I miss them and the wonderful times I would have visiting them in their own home just over the border in Wisconsin.  They had 70 years together and were only apart 7 months in 2020.  Mom died in a day after a fall in March, and dad 7 months later after 6 months on hospice here on the farm living with me in our farm monastery.
Praying morning prayer together 4 years ago.  My JOY!!!  Dad and mom brought us into The Church 50 years ago, and each day has been the greatest of gifts!  We LOVE The Catholic Church with no reservations and when dad came here for 6 months on hospice I was allowed to share in his religious life as he was a permanent Deacon in the Church for 44 years!  We would share morning prayer and evening prayer and chaplet and rosary on my porch at 3p each day!  
I now have dad's well used and marked prayer of the Church books!  My JOY each new day as though I am sitting at his feet still, and I am!  This prayer dad loved so much that he memorized it and we ended our evening prayer each day repeating this together.  It pretty much covers it all, and now I know that dad and mom are "companions of the Son".  
7 years ago - 93 quarts of tomato soup with the help of John at Ruth's home, which is now where Pat and I live, and they live on the farm.  
A cool picture that I borrowed.
Alone on the farm with the farm family gone to the State Fair... The pool stays nice since we filled it with rural water.
The Salsa from our big canning day a few days ago - Spaghetti sauce next!  
The setting sun outside and Our Lady inside - the statue that I always had on the deck outside our family room which is now Ruth's bedroom.  The Lamb which is in the cupola of Lumen Christi/Light of Christ Monastery in KCK.  "Wounded, I will never cease to love."  Also the St Michael prayer which is depended upon mightily through life's difficulties...
How's that for protection in this crazy mess of a world all around us?  
Driving around at sunset to see the cows and calves on pasture behind our place.
Hubby and his cows and calves - with the lack of rain we are running out of grass for them and he has had to put up water tanks as the creeks are getting dry.  Lord, please send us rain!  
Mass this morning with our friend, Fr Denny.  It is special to have him at mass and then to pray for him with 7 Sisters for an hour.  My Fridays are deep in prayer, and it is a special time with the sorrowful mysteries and the stations of the Cross along with Morning prayer and Office of Readings as I know that I am sharing those with Fr Denny as a part of his priesthood.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help for a family member asking for prayers and assistance this day...
May there be nothing between us my Lord!  
Now the daily meditations by Pope Benedict XVI that mom left for me.  So powerful and keeps me close to mom with each new day also.
Paul sent this of Simon and David at the State Fair showing Simon's cow calf pair - they got a blue and were 4th out of 8.  Good job boys!

Hallel with her lamp lit and today's Gospel  the bridegroom came
and those who were ready went into the wedding feast with him. 
Then the door was locked.
Afterwards the other virgins came and said,
‘Lord, Lord, open the door for us!’ 
But he said in reply,
‘Amen, I say to you, I do not know you.’ 
Therefore, stay awake,
for you know neither the day nor the hour.”  Matthew 25

Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 54 - 34 with us and 20 in heaven












Danielle Rose 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment