Pat invited me along as he took some small calves to Pipestone Salesbarn to sell today. We got a bit later start and I packed a lunch to share on the trip as we visited - no radio or interruptions! Peaceful and nice!
I opted to sit in the sun with the window open and say my rosary/doze... It was the first nice day that we have had in a while and I enjoyed the sound of the barn workers chasing the cattle out of the pens and into the ring... I also was so pleasantly reminded that farm families are blessed in the way that you see many couples coming to the sale, or dads with kids or older fathers with their younger farming sons... I even saw a dad about our age with his daughter come out of the sales barn and discuss what they had bought or sold in the pickup before they drove back to get loaded! So much family and memories of wonderful shared family times over the years going to sales... we are lucky to be farmers!
So many times we would have a little one to take along... John was 3 years younger than Susan, with all the losses that I had between them, so there were those years after Susan started school and before John would start that we would have him in the car seat between us in the pickup and go to sales... Great memories!
I reminded Pat that he should have brought Mary... our 4 year old granddaughter... along as she has come with us to cattle sales in the past and is an avid animal lover! He had her to Pipestone before she was even two years old, and she had great fun and we had so much fun watching her! He was disappointed that he hadn't thought to bring her along... I think you can be sure that the next time he won't forget! He loves to have company as he does his farming jobs and travels for parts or to sell cattle... It is all one big family fun time to my wonderful farmer husband!
We had a fun visit and I was reminded of how much I am blessed to have found my farmer 33 years ago! It is such a wonderful life and as we have always said... "The best place there is to raise a family!"
And this is what greeted our eyes as we walked to the house! The next generation now adding to our family experience on the Farm! Faith, Family and Farm - we are the luckiest farm family, and we are forever grateful! Jesus, we trust in you, and thank you with our life, and love, and work, and play, and prayer, and joy! Amen and Halleluia! Bless-bless, Barb
In my pickup cab today for 2 hours..."There should be at least a room, or some corner where no one will find you and disturb you or notice you. You should be able to untether yourself from the world and set yourself free, loosing all the fine strings and strands of tension that bind you, by sight, by sound, by thought, to the presence of other men. 'But you, when you shall pray, enter into your chamber, shut the door,pray to your Father in secret.........' Mt 5 " Thomas Merton


No comments:
Post a Comment