Friday, December 10, 2010

Winter storm?!?

As the freezing rain starts to hit the window... I am wondering how hard it is going to be to get to work at the nursing home 20 miles away in the morning...  It seemed that everyone in town was at the store getting ready for the coming "storm."  I stopped to take some pictures of the beautiful frost on the pine tree by my Mary garden.. there was a foggy cloud over the world that left a frosty beauty before the storm...
We are prepared for a winter storm with all the food and even my Christmas cards to work on, but I have to be there to work in the morning so it will be interesting getting there and what I will find when I get up at 5:30a... Pat has promised me that he will get me there.. we might have to start out an hour early to get there at a snail's pace!
Blessed Mother watch out for your children that have to be on the roads tomarrow to care for those that have no one else to care for them.  Protect us and use us to your honor and glory.  Jesus we trust in you!  Amen and Halleluia!
Bless-bless, Barb
"Let there always be quiet, dark churches in which men can take refuge.  Places where they can kneel in silence.  Houses of God, filled with His silent presence.  There, even when they do not know how to pray, at least they can be still and breathe easily.  Let there be a place somewhere in which you can breathe naturally, quietly, and not have to take your breath in continuous short gasps.  A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship the Father in secret."  Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment