I have discovered that winter is s slower time for Pat on the farm, which makes perfect sense when you know that spring and summer is planting, nurturing the crop - getting rid of weeds and fertilizing, and then the huge all out push - Harvest! We went on our first date in early fall after meeting in June at his sister's wedding... then there were some middle of the night phone calls to keep in touch, but the real dating did not start until the snow flew. Pat had never cross country skied, so as a good sport he squeazed his size 13s into one of my brothers boots... One thing that I now see in Pat and it was evident then... he is willing to try anything, and laugh at himself!
This was our first Christmas at my parents' home in Minneapolis... The following Holidays we had our first child - Ruth Ida - born on January 3rd! So with "Cross Christmas" coming in just two days we are all getting excited to leave as a family and have a fun winter weekend! Winter is a special time for us on the farm! At least it slows down a bit until calving starts in February... then it is no sleep for much more than 3 hours at a time, but thank goodness for the new surveilance camera that we can watch the cows from the comfort of the couch in front of the fireplace.
Speaking of calves... there is nothing more soft and cuddly than a new baby calf that is all dried off and laying in the fresh bedding in the barn... May you all have a wonderful winter filled with warmth and love... I will be working overnight in the nursing home, so I hope that those warm fuzzy feelings will not be pulling at me too often tonight... that I can stay sharp and alert and on top of whatever comes my way! Jesus, I trust in you! Bless-bless, Barb"Sometimes people can hunger for more than bread.
It is possible that our children, our husband, our wife, do not hunger for bread, do not need clothes, do not lack a house. But are we equally sure that none of them feels alone, abandoned, neglected, needing some affection? That, too, is poverty." Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

No comments:
Post a Comment