Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Time in the cozy school chapel...

Pat brought his mother for Benediction tonight... so the Verlys had 4 genreations in the snug little chapel where all of our kids spent many hours as well as Pat and his siblings! 
I asked Maria how it felt to be back in Marshall and she said that it was good and whenever she is out and about she expects to run into classmates..."But then I realize that most of them are no longer here."  I know that for John it was special to be back in the school chapel, and I think that Maria feels similarly.  Pat called it cozy tonight, but Father is looking for the big church to be opened again so that he will be needing to do less masses on a weekend.  Chistmas will be an adventure with the place filling up an hour ahead of the service he predicts!  I also asked Father if Maria was the first one to bring two children with her into the confessional..."No!" was his quick responce...
That's right... I did ask her the other day and she told me that she takes the kids into the confessional with her..."Therese kneels beside me and Davey will not walk around the corner and look at Father. Usuallly they act like this is nothing new, and don't say anything about having the kids in there..."Once a priest mentioned that there will be no secrets from the kids and chuckled."  So I knew that all of you were curious about the question of Maria going to confession with the kids every few weeks.... Nothing can come between Maria and her faith... she is certainly an example to me!  It has become quite a wonderful advent to share it not only with my 91 year old mother in law, but also with Maria and her two young children, and last but not least... my wonderful farmer husband, Pat!  The 4 generations are a gift of FAMILY and FAITH!  Jesus, we trust in you!  Bless-bless.
"Every day at communion time, I communicate two of my feelings to Jesus.  One is gratefulness, because he has helped me to persevere until today.  The other is a request:  teach me to pray."  Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

No comments:

Post a Comment