Tuesday, June 21, 2011

St Aloysius Gonzaga, teach us purity of heart.

So many feelings and emotions come flowing over us at this time... looking back two years and the shock that came to us in the form of our healthy 20 year old son coming to the realization that a foreign and deadly cancer had taken root in the center of his brain!  
Today is the feast day of a 23 year old saint - St Aloysius Gonzaga, who gave up his princely state in life to become a religious and serve the poor.  He was serving the sick during a plague and died as a result of contracting the disease.  John is now 22 and he has regained his new normal with the cancer gone from his brain, yet changed by the many procedures he endured as well as the new faith-filled perspective he has gained through his Cross and healing through this humbling and life-changing Tree of Life.. the Cross called Cancer/Healing!
This crucifix in the chapel where I shed many tears and was in a constant state of prayer for my precious son... was the vision of St Peregrine where Christ reached down from the crucifix and cured him from cancer!  So out of this world amazing for me, and that rosary was always in my pocket reminding me of Our Lady standing with me at the foot of the Cross and giving me all the support I needed to put it in that outreached hand and give it to HIM  to control and HEAL!  Jesus, we trust in you!  
Today's Gospel is from Matt 7 and is about entering through "the narrow gate..."How narrow the way and constricted the road that leads to life."  Mt 7: 14  Those that we call "Saint" like Aloyisius certainly chose to live a life that most would run very fast in the other direction to avoid!  We look at another example of Blessed Teresa of Calcutta or Blessed John Paul II and the difficult work they did in our modern day world!  One working with the poorest of the poor and one grappling with our huge and confusing and difficult issues of the Roman Catholic Church.  The way that he is shown weighted down in prayer for the burden he was given as Pope... he took it all to heart and very seriously in helping each one of the billions of Catholics in the world to find the "narrow path." 
How we rejoiced in the way that John's cancer brought our family together - even Susan came home from France to be at her brother's side and to fill her arms with her precious little nephews and neices! 


So much love and prayer support... we found peace in leaving it all in the Lord's hands - "Remember mom, this is the storm and Jesus is there to calm the sea - He is in control!"  Yes!   We need to always remember that and to go forward down the "narrow path" that it laid out for us.  In a way that is a blessing that we do not have a lot of options misleading us as it would be on a wide road that leads to "destruction."  
Talk about the pure of heart... just look in the eyes of a little one!  
We are off to Nancy's American Indian Alternative school.... I am excited to see this place where Nancy has poured out her heart and soul for the last 3 years, and now that time is needed by her precious little Augustine!   Jesus, thank you for this island of family/faith/follow the narrow path... give us the patience and trust to put it all in your hands as we go forward in your love, peace and joy... Bless-bless, Barb the humble and fervent
"What St Bernard says of the apparition of the angel sent to the shepherds at the nativity of Christ... is to the point here:  'How many of the powerful and of the wise men of the world were resting in their soft beds at that hour, and none of them was esteemed worthy to see this new light, to know the great joy and to hear the angels singing!'  He thence draws this beautiful conclusion:  'If God designed to show such love to those shepherds, who were poor out of necessity on account of the pleasure this virtue of detachment gives him, how much greater love will that same God not show to those who are poor in spirit and are such by their own free will!  For this is the way, which can save your souls, and there is no other way besides it.  He who goes by another way, falls rather, because humility alone exalts, it is also it alone that leads to life.'"   St Aloysius Gonzaga (1591)  

26 comments:

  1. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei ideal on the internet blogshop
    for wholesale & supply korean add-ons, earrings,
    earstuds, locket, rings, hair, trinket & bangle accessories.
    Offer 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
    Here is my homepage :: buy new hcg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei ideal on the internet blogshop for wholesale & quantity korean accessories, earrings, earstuds, pendant, rings,
    bracelet, bangle & hair accessories. Promotion 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
    Also see my web site > binary option strategy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei ultimate online blogshop for wholesale & quantity korean add-ons, accessories, earstuds, pendant, rings, bracelet, bracelet & hair
    add-ons. Promotion 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
    My site :: stitching wire indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say what a relief to uncover a person that actually understands what they are discussing online.
    You actually know how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
    A lot more people ought to look at this and understand this
    side of the story. It's surprising you aren't more popular because you certainly possess the gift.
    My weblog Upper James Manor - Greg Iacomo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing in support of me to have a website, which is beneficial in support of my know-how. thanks admin
    Also visit my site - click through the up coming internet page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Many thanks, However I am
    encountering problems with your RSS. I don't understand the reason why I am unable to join it. Is there anyone else getting similar RSS problems? Anybody who knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

    My web site - Weekly Options Trading
    my page > forex trading blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it's time
    to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

    My website :: mobile Casino slots

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are actually a just right webmaster.
    The web site loading speed is incredible. It seems that
    you're doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a wonderful task in this
    subject!

    my weblog :: roulette online Real money

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are going for finest contents like myself, simply pay a visit this web page all the
    time as it gives feature contents, thanks

    my web page ... 888 casino games

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pay a visit everyday a few sites and information sites to read posts, however this website provides
    quality based writing.

    Have a look at my web site how to find a job online

    ReplyDelete
  11. My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought I might check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to going over
    your web page repeatedly.

    My website ... best buy online job application

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I
    am waiting for your next post thank you once again.


    Look at my web blog; online jobs home

    ReplyDelete
  13. bookmarked!!, I love your web site!

    Look at my blog post :: Online Roulette For Cash

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for
    your further post thanks once again.

    My web-site play slots now

    ReplyDelete
  15. whoah this weblog is great i like studying your posts.
    Stay up the great work! You know, lots of persons are searching around for this
    info, you can help them greatly.

    Also visit my web site :: online jobs work from home no fees

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs
    I stumbleupon everyday. It will always be exciting to read through
    articles from other authors and practice something from other sites.


    my weblog - lobstermania roulette

    ReplyDelete
  17. Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and
    tested to see if it can survive a twenty five foot drop, just
    so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is
    now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to share
    it with someone!

    my site ... forex trading blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm definitely enjoying your
    blog and look forward to new updates.

    Also visit my homepage :: best legitimate online jobs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification
    seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing
    to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider worries that they
    just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    Also visit my weblog :: freebie trading scam

    ReplyDelete
  20. No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she desires
    to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over
    here.

    My web site ... futures trading system
    Also see my webpage: options trading tips

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely believe that that you stated. Your favorite justification appeared
    to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of.

    I say to you, I certainly get annoyed even as other people think about concerns that they
    just do not recognize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and
    defined out the entire thing without having side-effects ,
    other people could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more.
    Thank you

    Feel free to surf to my website - online job applications for best buy
    My page > find a part time job online

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good day! I just want to give you a big thumbs
    up for the excellent information you have got right here on this post.
    I will be returning to your web site for more soon.


    My webpage: forex history

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm very happy to discover this web site. I need to to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!! I definitely savored every bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to see new information in your website.

    Stop by my blog post: customer service jobs online

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello, its nice post regarding media print, we all know media is a wonderful source of data.


    My blog :: costco job applications online
    Also see my web page: get a online job

    ReplyDelete
  25. We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to work on. You've done an impressive job and our whole community
    will be thankful to you.

    Here is my blog post; play slots for money

    ReplyDelete