"In this way he makes us capable of being for him in eternity... Therefore, we must also speak of sin and of the sacrament of forgiveness and reconcilliation. A sincere person knows that he is guilty, that he must start again, and that he must be purified. And this is the marvelous reality which the Lord offers us: there is a chance of renewal, of being new.
I pray for my dead, and I also find it hugely powerful to lift up all those that have died or are dying, who have no one to pray for them! Jesus, I love you and thank you for this beautiful Truth - Purgatory - It reveals to us your unconditional and infinite LOVE for us. We are sinners and need your forgiveness, to overcome our sin, and come to you as pure as we should be to enter into your presence, and live with you in eteranl joy in heaven! May the continued praying for those that we have loved on this earth and have gone before us... lift us past our selfish sinful ways and keep our eyes, hearts and minds on heaven! We love you and long to be with you for eternity with all of our family around us! Jesus,we trust in you! Amen and Halleluia!
"I would go so far as to say that if there was no purgatory, then we would have to invent it, for who would dare to say of himself that he was able to stand directly before God. And yet we don't want to be, to use an image from scripture,'a pot that turned out wrong,' that has to be thrown away; we want to be able to be put right. Purgatory basically means that God can put the pieces back together again. That he can cleanse us in such a way that we are able to be with him and can stand there in the fullness of life. Purgatory strips off from one person what is unbearable and from another the inability to bear certain things, so that in each of them a pure heart is revealed, and we can see that we all belong together in one enormous symphony of being." Pope Benedict XVI
WE take heart in the Gospel for today... Jesus speaks these words to our hearts and spirits today in John 6!
"Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life,and I shall raise him on the last day."
John 6: 37-40
The two grandkids now are living in Texas with their army dad, and stay at home mom... just got word that they are expecting a new baby after their loss by mischarriage in May... Jesus, we trust in you and lift the baby up to you for safety.
No comments:
Post a Comment