I had to start with this great picture that Mary entered in open class and took the top picture for kids 15 and under - she is just 7! It was taken in Michigan with Nancy's wonderful camera! Great JOB Mary! I, on the other hand, did only fair with my pictures and that is always humbling to look at them through other people's eyes. I also got a real dose of humble pie this morning from another source, and I have that queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach that comes with knowing that you misstepped and blundered over someone's feelings. I will keep this short today - realizing that sailing away with my thoughts and feelings seems to be not in the best interest always. Today being the feast day of St Ignatius of Loyola marks it as a special day for our family also. My parents were on the Ignation Exercises Silent Retreat when my dad heard the Holy Spirit tell him that they should become Catholic. So I have a lot to thank St Ignatius for, and I do hope that someday I will be able to experience the Exercises - "shove the searcher into the center of the Gospel and leave him alone there with Christ, with the Triune God who speaks to him." Fr Hans Urs Von Balthasar (1988)

Another of Mary's pictures that she got a blue ribbon on at the fair!
Lord, today brings with it the sadness of using my words to unknowingly add to the hurt of another. I am reminded that words not to be taken lightly. Jesus, I am reminded this day by St Ignatius that more time needs to be spent in prayer - asking for your will to be shown to me and that I may be obedient to God's will for me! I continue to thank and praise you for all your blessings upon our family since my parents heard your call into The Church 42 years ago. It was just about this time that I was living in a Christian Commune in Colorado and starting to consider a call to be a sister, and my parents were at the Cenacle Convent in the midst of the Ignation Retreat - my dad was reading Isaiah 55:1-2 - in his silent prayer time the Holy Spirit spoke to him and told him that he should become Catholic! So huge for a Protestant minister and his wife and 11 children! I shared this story on my page about the 13 becoming Catholic, so I will not go at great length here. Lord, how I love to share my story, and yes I am looking at the world through my eyes and that can be selfish if not watched closely. Help me to be more considerate and to walk in other's shoes no matter how tight and uncomfortable that may be. May I take up my Most Cherished Cross and follow after YOU - not counting the cost. So grateful for Your unconditional LOVE and forgiveness. Jesus, I trust in YOU. Amen and Halleluia
Bless-bless, Barb
"Come to me heedfully, listen that you may have life." Isaiah 55:3 The next verse after Isaiah 55:1-2 describes just what came to us when we listened to the direction of the Holy Spirit and came into The Church - we found LIFE eternal! Here are the two verses ahead of this... so Eucharistic now that we know the food from Heaven - Christ's Body and Blood!
"The Lord says, 'Come, everyone who is thirsty- here is water! Come, you that have no money- buy grain and eat! Come! Buy wine and milk - it will cost you nothing! Why spend money on what does not satisfy? Why spend your wages and still be hungry? Listen to me and do what I say, and you will enjoy the best food of all.' "
Danielle Rose singing Small Things with Great LOVE

No comments:
Post a Comment