Sunday, August 4, 2013

A budding photographer beating grandma...

Mary took the best picture of the 15 and under age group and she is  only 7 years old!  She brought home a check for twice what I made with my showing.  I am starting to think that she has a better eye for what makes a good picture.  I get too much of my personal feelings in my pictures and I am starting to see that this is not the way to win the judges heart.  I probably will never change, but it is very interesting to see what takes the prize.  I do get feedback from people that come to see my pictures and appreciate the heart that I put into them.  Yes, they don't have the ribbons, but they are a snapshot of my life and I love to share it!  It will be fun to see how this all plays out over the years, but I think that even when Mary shows in 4H - she sees the beauty of showing in open class and does very well competing against other young people twice her age. 
Two of her other first place pictures on the top row... Jesus, we trust in you and enjoy the interesting LIFE we are blessed with.  There are always new adventures we can share with those that are the closest to us in our domestic Church/family.  Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment