Monday, August 5, 2013

Peace

There are times in the day when I am filled with such calm and peace...  Those times are usually related to prayer.  Those times are scattered throughout my days and for sure the beginning and the end of the day.  How wonderful is this wafting of gentle breezes through my soul as I am drawn into the presence of My Lord and his Queen Mother of heaven and earth throughout the landscape of my day.  Praying with my husband before we get up, then hoping to have a window to pray the office with John as we join with those around the world that are praying these prayers, reading these psalms and readings, and singing these hymns!  There is so much power to know that there are thousands of priests, nuns, deacons, seminarians, and lay people in The Church that are joining with one voice in prayer and praise!  If there isn't huge comfort and JOY and peace to be found in this place of prayer and worship - I don't know where you could encounter anything more than this.  Then I either say my rosary as I am traveling to work and then have it in my pocket to give me that peace and assistance to remind myself that I am the Lord's and with the intercession of Our Spiritual Mother - I can do a good and caring job for those that I work for and with.  If I am home than I long to get my chores done and to spend some quiet time with my wonderful rosary - saying up to 10 decades of the rosary for my 5 children with their families and my husband and on and on...  I am soon to bed and to my evening prayers and JOY of JOY - reading the Gospel for tomorrow.  I find the excitement building within me as I look ahead and it is always a blessing to me.  I carry that deep within me as the new day unfolds before me and once again I am immersed in peaceful rivers of graces through prayer - with every breath that I take and with every beat of my heart.


Jesus, we are filled with the fruits of your Spirit as we follow after YOU carrying our Most Cherished Cross and finding LIFE eternal/LOVE/ and LIGHT in the midst of the darkness.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Bless-bless, Barb
 

No comments:

Post a Comment