Saturday, August 17, 2013

Attacking/enjoying the world as a walker - Rose Ida at 15 1/2months

Rose is so fun now that she is walking!  She is much more able to express herself and be the more grown up little girl.  The other day as I arrived over at their place - Rose opened the door and came out of the house to walk over and give grandma a big smile and hug!  She is really able to show us the loving little girl that she is.  Today after we cleaned up lunch and put some clothes on the line - complete with hugging and yes - kissing the dogs... Rose and grandma laid down for some stories and nap and rosary time - she gave me many kisses!  She knows how to melt an old grandma's heart! 
Playing peek a boo with the dogs on the clothesline.
Then she is off looking for her dogs..
Lilly loves the attention and almost looks like she has a smile on her face.  Rose did give her a kiss too on the back.
 
Nap/story/rosary time is very welcome by us two girls - grandma got lots of kisses too!
This is what everyone else was doing - we went out to catch the end of bringing the bulls out of the pastures as they treated this calf for foot rot. 
Then Mary helps us get the clothes off the line, supper and then off home with dad to wait til mom gets home from her nursing job.  It is nice to help each other out on the farm.  Nancy and her two went to visit a friend in Sioux Falls, and they will return tomorrow night for mass.  All the activity around here is nice and joyful, but an evening of quiet is most welcome too.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Bless-bless, Barb
One of my favorite - clothesline pictures - when the kids were younger and I had them help put clothes on the line or take them off - I would announce -" COL time!" and they would know I wanted them to help me.  They were very good about it, and I find a peace come over me when I am out there putting them on or off.  To have granddaughter Mary help today was very special!

No comments:

Post a Comment