Monday, August 12, 2013

Times in life that are foggy

Nancy arrived with her two for some time on the farm while her husband is in Brazil for work for a couple weeks.  Ruth's two youngest were happy to see little Bernadette at mass last night.  It is so good to share that wonderful time at mass!  I am still recovering from a day away with my husband to see a rodeo in Fergus Falls.  It was a whirlwind 24 hours and then to return to a house full of family adds to the sense of being overwhelmed and "foggy" in my personal thoughts and actions.  I do not feel that fire within from which I usually express myself, so it is a sure sign to me that this should be short and might be best if I say very little.  I need to just let go and let God be in charge.  I am HIS and I want to LOVE and serve HIM in all that I say and do.  What I say is to be minimal but what I do should be a sign to all those within my domestic Church/family that I am a servant of the Lord of Mercy!  He is merciful to me a sinner, and therefore I need to be merciful in return to all those that I come in contact with!
A sight from the rodeo...
Jesus, just as your Gospel today is one that is not very clear or powerful to us as we read about paying the temple tax with a coin found in the mouth of a fish that St Peter pulled from the sea... we listen to YOU in our lives - we are weak and foggy sometimes and just need to trust in YOU, and know that you are in control of all in our day to day life.  We are yours no matter how we feel - feelings are not facts!  I have heard that many times, and as a person who find tears coming easily to me whether happy or sad... I know that I am yours and yours alone.  The notion of putting one foot in front of the other, and following YOU down the narrow path carrying our most Cherished Cross truly is how I feel today.  That is all you ask of us, O Lord.  Some days the fire is very hot as we share/evangelize in our lives/world, but others we merely inch forward and trust that our light is shining with our being unaware of it.  Jesus, may we show mercy always!  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Halleluia
Bless-bless, Barb
Psalm 147 - the psalm for mass today and a Hallel Psalm!  We continue to hope and pray and prepare for our trip to Kansas City on the weekend of Sept 14-15 with the hope that Hallel will be here for the big dedication of the Little Monastery and taking of the habit for one of the American postulants! 
"Glorify the Lord, O Jerusalem;
Praise your God, O Zion.
For he has strengthened the bars of your gates;
he has blessed your children within you.
Praise the Lord, Jerusalem.

He has granted peace in your borders;
with the best of wheat he fills you.
He sends forth his command to the earth;
swiftly runs his word!
Praise the Lord, Jerusalem.

He has proclaimed his word to Jacob,
his statutes and his ordinances to Israel.
He has not done thus for any other nation;
His ordinances he has not made known to them. 
Halleluia."
ice cream out on grandma's deck on a beautiful night after sharing mass! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=othmFqaw0Yk  Casting Crowns - Who am I

No comments:

Post a Comment