This sweet girl... yesterday the "family story" of my running a race on the track in school. I wanted to run so hard, as I was always the slowest and the last one, that I shut my eyes to put all my determination into it... the next thing I know I had run into the chain link fence! Shocked and ashamed and laying on the ground mortified! I looked over to see Therese with red embraced cheeks for her grandma! I was struck that my shame was being passed on down through the generations! Reading this St Augustine quote this morning rang a truth of this shared history of humility...
Therese shared in my pain and her gentle loving smile at her pathetic grandma gave me the courage to face, once again, this painful laughable moment from my miserable childhood. I was in many ways a failure in anything physical I tried to do, and I was always alone on the playground. I tore my mom's heart out by barely able to climb the steps of the schoolbus when I started going to school. How am I scarred by this all? I learned to have empathy and "eyes to see misery and want" in others. Probably much in how I embraced being a nurse and working with alcoholics in Minneapolis... then to hospice and facing death with patients and their families!
It was very exciting to watch Therese and David learning at Ju Jitsu last evening..."What did you learn when she beat you?" asked dad this morning. "I learned to give it my all." says Therese. She is brave and courageous as well as kind and sweet!
David on the mat fought very well... our eyes were opened to a whole new world!
Watching "T" in one of her two matches...
Before and after each match you shake hands and bow to your opponent.
So special to have this reminder this day, too! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb
So fun to see the two 3 year olds sharing time with cheerfulness. I know that when they are apart they will be happy to recall their cousin. Goal for today - picture of all the kids together probably outside!
Puzzle time -the 2 three year olds each took a turn with Cars










No comments:
Post a Comment