Friday, January 8, 2016

Touched by prayer/love language with God to find Peace

  I got a phone call from Maria to catch up on their adventure getting into their house.  She also told me that she is getting back on her blog and I found this treasure!  Thanks, Maria!  We will see you soon...
 
 I spent an hour making phone calls this morning to touch base with my kids and family. 
First call was to John - he spoke to a group of 30+ men about 2 1/2 hours away... sharing his story and ministry of prayer.  I was praying while he spoke, and he shared that it went very well.  As we ended our conversation I asked John to pray over me and our current situation of upheaval.  He prayed a special prayer asking for Peace to come upon us.  I was so touched when he did the expected and prayed with the help of Our Spiritual Mother, too!  His voice becomes soft with pure love for her and how he fell in love with her 6 years ago in Lourdes.  I teased him that I was waiting to hear him pray with her help.  "We both love her so much!"
First Camping Pic
Another fun one... so loving these!

John's prayer asked for Peace to dwell in our situation, and how can that happen when there is pounding and crashing and loudness of every sort going on around us?  By finding it dwelling in the inner temple of our hearts, minds and souls!  I am feeling stressed and anxious today with the time to leave coming closer to me and realizing that I will be leaving Pat alone here.  I need to cling to my rosary beads as I did coming down the snowy roads to spend some time with Pat's mom at only 20mph!  I need to realize that I am not in control but Jesus is in the midst of these storms around me.
 A fun picture of little Mary with Roger in the hay from about 6 years ago in the hall upstairs brings me some smiles in the midst of the hard days we are in the midst of.
 Roger is so cute with the kids and he is on the walls to bring smiles to me.
 Luke snuggled in bringing some smiles to grandma, too.  There is much to be grateful for and allows us not to focus all our attention on the difficulties we face.  Look at the bright side!  The leper in the Gospel today was cleansed by Jesus and made clean after suffering with the horrible disease of uncleanness/leprosy.  How we are needing this touch this day of Jesus to find a place of peace and healing.

You would think they were outside here today as the snow has returned to make our world a beautiful sight of white blanketing the world.  Now for the arctic cold to hit this weekend.  Lord, keep us all safe on our travels. 

This has been difficult today, so I need to bring it to an end.  I am so filled with new courage and peace with the gifts of these wonderful family pictures in a winter wonderland, and the sweet pictures of younger days, also the little ones that are here to share my life with me and bring peace and joy and hope for a bright future ahead.  Imagining how filled with HOPE was the man cured of leprosy as now he could enter LIFE again and not be cast out into the darkness! 
this is the testimony God has given us about his son: God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  I John 5 from the first reading at mass today!  Yes, we long to be forever together with Jesus and Mary and Joseph in heaven!
 The view out the upstairs window today as the snow comes down.  A picture of peace as the white blankets the earth.

Jesus, I need you this day and long to come to a place of Peace and HOPE for a bright family future farm!  Foremost we look to you for the Faith we need to deal with all that comes to us to cause stress and anxiety.  You are in control and if we look to you, die to self, and take one small step down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross and following your example of showing Mercy as we have been given my you.  You are reaching out and touching us and bringing healing to us and peace.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
 Spending lots of time with little farm boy Luke these days and his constant farming... Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Mary gets home from school, goes out and picks the eggs, washes them and weighs them for her science fair project.  Talk about a project she has to do the work for. 

Make me little like your Mother, dear Lord.  Yet, she is the most powerful woman in the world!
I need to be more courageous!
Danielle Rose - Small things with great love
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me
Danielle Rose - True LOVE - the Cross!

No comments:

Post a Comment