Tuesday, October 17, 2017

"I am not ashamed of the Gospel!" Romans 1/ sharing the Gospel on the way out the door!

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people sitting, child, shoes, tree, outdoor and nature
For my birthday I asked for family pictures from my girls... Maria came through for me at the park along with a movie of almost a year old, Evangeline walking her first steps!  This was taken on Patrick's 5th birthday last week, and the memories are coming with each new day of our battle for his healing 5 years ago!

Yes, there have been two miracle babies born happy and healthy since, and Patrick is the picture of health, too! 
Now we have two brown eyed 5 year olds going starting Kindergarten, and in a month we will have 3 when Bernadette joins the 5 year old club! 
The three plus Luke, who is a year behind, hanging out with Our Lady in May... Hallel was home for her first visit in 4 years! 
Hallel with all 15 grandkids!  #16 is due at Easter next!  Hallel will be in the U.S. so should be able to meet this one without having to wait too long!


I have gotten side tracked by memories and pictures... Imagine that happening to me?!?  I am still in delight mode with the beginning of St Paul to the Romans today to begin the readings at mass!  "Brothers and sisters:
I am not ashamed of the Gospel.
It is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:"
Such a glorious fall morning and the sign on the barn now says - Family and Farm are the Best!... just got word that the combine got stuck a bit while taking out the beans..."We got them all by going at different angles... it wasn't too bad.  Lord, continue with the drying weather and keep the farmers safe and sane!


My love of the Gospel and The Word/Jesus has definitely been amped up majorly since Hallel joined The Community of the Lamb!  Hallel has also shared that her call to this specific order had a lot to do with her LOVE of Jesus in his Word.  I have adopted their way of starting the night before by reading and chanting each line of the Gospel... actually I just, with great excitement read it before I turn on the light at night!  I then, hopefully, have a chance to read it with Pat and John following morning prayer in the morning.  It is how I ask the Holy Spirit to share with me that spark to set fire to my day!
My brother asked for baby pictures to compare them to his newest dark haired granddaughter living out in Delaware... being the oldest I have lots of special pictures with my young wonderful loving parents!  These were taken 65 years ago, and I still have my parents with me in good mind and health! 
I love this so much... taken just a few weeks ago after sharing a glorious mass together!  I have them to thank for the overflowing blessings I receive each day from The Church as their listening to the Holy Spirit speaking through The Word of God/Isaiah 55:1-2 led us all 13 into The Church!!!
13 new Catholics at The Farm in 1971... 46 years and each day has been filled to the brim with so much!!!!  The Gospel is huge and I am not ashamed of proclaiming from the rooftops all that Jesus and The Church means to me! 


John and I shared morning prayer and breakfast and then the Gospel as he was leaving... " Did not the maker of the outside also make the inside?
But as to what is within, give alms,
and behold, everything will be clean for you."  Luke 11
"This ties into the reading about the wedding feast on Sunday and how what really matters is what is on the inside/ are we in the wedding garment as we come to Jesus?"  Yes, we are to be presentable and clean through confession often and using the Sacraments to come ever closer to dying to self so that Jesus can live and move and breath and serve and care and love and give and proclaim the Gospel of Truth through us!
Do you ever wonder..."Why is it the world as I see it?"  I am humbled and grateful for the years of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT  I have been given.   Thank you, Lord!
The first of 11 children... my parents certainly modeled for me openness to life and raising LIGHTS!


Lord, I am yours and I humbly ask that I can be your hands and feet in sharing your Truth!  I am unworthy of your mercy, and my I return it to those around me.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
We have been longing for the sun, and it is here!  Be with the farmers, Lord!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
The huge cottonwood tree that is an explosion of wonderful sunny yellow!  I always admired this tree while Ruth and Paul lived here for 10 years and now it is my tree!  The move was right and good for all.  Guardian angels watch out for all of us!
Image may contain: one or more people and indoor
"Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your own weaknesses."
St. Mother Teresa

Yes, even as a mother of little ones.
Yes, just as you are, right now....
Yes, even with your imperfections and limitations.

We can do great things, one small thing at a time.
Image may contain: one or more people and text



St Ignatius today!  “The only thing I ask of you is to allow me to offer the libation of my blood to God. I am the wheat of the Lord; may I be ground by the teeth of the beasts to become the immaculate bread of Christ.”
Image may contain: text


Hills and Valleys
Hillary Scott - Thy will be done



No comments:

Post a Comment