Thursday, October 26, 2017

"I have come to set the earth on fire"/Christ's Passion/crooked path straight to Eternal LIFE!

I was convinced that most all of my future grandchildren would suck thumbs or fingers down the road.  Well, here is #15 and she is my first!!!  Wonderful little Joy sucks her middle two fingers on her left hand, which is different from the thumb that her mom and  her 3 younger sisters all sucked, but it equally helps her to be a contented baby.

She is very much in love with table food and mixed with our home made applesauce... she opens her mouth like a baby bird and downs big bowls of squash or carrots mashed up.  Yes, that is squash around her mouth!  Since I did not have a high chair... I used my clothes basket for her to sit in for meals and playing with toys.   We shared a big day yesterday while mom and dad were baling corn stalks across the road... about 600 total!
I had too much fun with her first topknot on her newly coming in red hair.  She is our second grandchild with wonderful red hair!  We don't have any fair haired - only a couple with dishwater dark blond. 

The dark blustery morning was filled with helping hubby, so my train of thought has flown away with the wind.  With the wind and the snow forecasted... I swept the leaves out of the garage and closed the door and then went and pulled beets and carrots, and now have some beets cooking on the stove to go with my late lunch... so I am determined to finish this in the time it takes for those to cook.  The thought of snow got me moving on some final fall stuff, I guess, and it feels good to have that done.

She can sit up now, but still needs some protection and this was a good solution.  Joy is a good name for her!


One thing that struck me during morning prayer with John in the light of the kitchen was the reading from Isaiah about how "I will... make crooked ways straight."  How often does it seem that life is out of control and you are going backwards or sideways or one step forward and two back in the dance of craziness and life is out of your control and not your own?  Most every day, right?  But then we see that there is truly a plan and Jesus is in control and all we need is trust and we can see that things have been smoothed out and made straight and it has all been part of helping us die to self so that Jesus/the Holy Spirit can be in control and help us always looking forward to our goal of Eternal LIFE!  St Paul to the Romans is all about that today - "the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 6:23
Squash face and purple topknot and the sweetest softest look under the sun!  Ruth kind of groaned when I told her that I had her first topknot in.  LOVE!


Pope Benedict XVI reminded us that the words of the Gospel today..."I have come to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already blazing."  "When Jesus talks about fire, he means in the first place his own Passion..."  Yes, we are then to join in that fire of the Holy Spirit which rids us of all that keeps us apart from Jesus and ignites our lives like a torch!
Grandma had too much fun!!! 

Jesus, I am yours and I want to burn up in your love!!!  May I die to self so that you may work through me.  Be with the farmers keeping them safe and sane.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
The blanket the Therese made for her... the crosstitch family she made for it is so special! It is my prayer that Therese and her family can see us soon.  Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
Her dad called and wanted us to come out to the field , so we grabbed a few bale pictures!
Dad and Joy...
corn stalk and Joy Jean Jellybean
Bales as far as the eye can see!  She liked it up there... it was a beautiful evening yesterday... today not so much.
Just because...
Image may contain: 1 person, text
That is out of this world!!!
About ready to grab my beads and be quiet!
I have a grandson, Augustine and John chose him for his patron saint... he's amazing and big around here!
"My little way is the way of spiritual childhood, the way of trust and absolute self-surrender."
-St Therese

Sometimes I don't feel smart enough to really love God.
...
Like I could maybe love God more if I understood theology and scripture and philosophy a bit better.

Like living a God-focused life is a bit too grown up for me.

Like I'm a bit too silly and foolish to be holy right now.

But then there is St. Therese and her little way. Her invitation to take the easier, more direct path to heaven.

A path to heaven where we are invited to recline in God's arms as he carries us.

A path to heaven where we are called to be children, not academics.

A path to heaven I can start walking right now. Even in my foolishness and simplicity.
Image may contain: 1 person, standing
“The most beautiful and stirring adventure that can happen to you is the personal meeting with Jesus, who is the only one who gives real meaning to our lives.” — Pope St. John Paul II

Painting by Raúl Berzosa






Casting Crowns - One step away
Love this in the heart of our wonderful family -  25 strong with 10 in heaven praying for us, and one in the womb!  Faith/Family/Farm makes the world go round and the crooked way straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment