Joy dressed to face the cool fall wind when we went out to check the grain bin the other day. Today she might need a snowsuit!
Today St Paul... the man who went from persecuting Christians to a "super Christian/Catholic" as my dad calls me, by encountering Christ on the road... preaches to us about how Christ allows us to turn away from sin and death and darkness by "overflowing" grace and forgiveness and not only that but
"Where sin increased, grace overflowed all the more,
so that, as sin reigned in death,
grace also might reign through justification
for eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
so that, as sin reigned in death,
grace also might reign through justification
for eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
We are given the grace/the Advocate/The Holy Spirit to consume us and allow us to stumble down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross and at the end justified by our lives lived for him to find eternal LIFE forever with Jesus, Mary and all the Saints, including St Anthony Mary Claret, who added Mary to his name: "She is my Mother, my protector, my teacher, my all, after Jesus." Yes!!! I want her in my name too, as this is all true for me, too!
Barbara Mary Lynn Luke!
Such a big smile!
The "overflow" that St Paul so enthusiastically shares over and over today submerges me in the ocean of LOVE which Jesus has for me and each one of us! How he longs to have us turn to him and when do we do that? When we are weak and need him. I was reminded of that by my nun daughter, when I had my hip replaced and I was helpless and such a mess. "Mom, when we are weak is when we turn to Jesus." May I always be weak and small and know just how much I need him and feel his overflowing mercy, love and forgiveness! Then I need to recall how pathetic I am and not hold back on giving that love selflessly to all those around me!
"I understood that love comprises all vocations – that love is everything, and because it is eternal, embraces all times and places."
--St. Therese
--St. Therese
A powerful reality to embrace in the midst of the craziness on the farm called harvest! Lord, may your love overflow in our hearts and allow us to forgive and forget the hurts.
The clouds were beautiful in the cold winds...Jesus reminds us in the Gospel today that we cannot become lax... we need to be ready at all times! "Gird your loins and light your lamps... ready to open immediately when he comes and knocks." Luke 12 One thing I am discovering... the Words of Jesus/Jesus in His Word comes to me and convicts me when I am tempted or slipping into anger or resentment. "turn the other cheek" convicts me when I am thinking that something is unfair or I have been treated badly/poor me. I see Christ on the cross and know that I am asked to do as he did! Lord, help me to think less of myself and poor me!
Paul and Pat working together... lots to share and to learn... Lord, be with the farmers keep them safe and sane!
I pray for and thank the Lord for finding such wonderful men for my daughters and how they are open to life and raising lights for the world!
Jesus, your graces are overflowing and filling us with more than we can take in each minute of each day. All we need do is accept that love and forgiveness and return it to those around us...most especially those in our domestic church/family! The ones closest to us are the hardest for us to forgive and show the mercy we have been given. Be with families that are under attack all the lies of Satan. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and hallelujah
Working together for a common cause of playing with David... Guardian angels watch out for us all! Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke


No comments:
Post a Comment