
Crossing the river to enter the place of healing - Lourdes in 2009... Hallel had just taken her habit and John had just had his second chemo fighting brain cancer, after the biopsy that was needed to diagnose his rare cancer had left him unable to walk on his own!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
A mother's heart could not be more lifted up and rejoicing more this day!!! The psalm from morning prayer for St Agatha today taken from Zephaniah today could not express it better!
Shout for Joy, O daughter Zion!
sing joyfully, O Israel!
Be glad and exult with all your heart,
O daughter, Jerusalem.
Yes, St Agatha loved her Lord no matter what she faced, knowing that she would spend eternity with Him in total LOVE! So also for we who are touched by Our Lady and know of her presence with us on this journey, and experience her taking us to her Son along with all our needs!
His hair wet after having the healing miraculous waters poured over his head.."That is where I need the healing."
Loved finding this powerful testimony from Nancy this morning!
http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2018/02/mary-is-real-and-she-loves-you-2.html
Nancy's words hit close to home at the sudden loss of her 20 week son, Maximilian, on Thanksgiving day...
"The hours we spent waiting for Maximilian to be delivered were some of the darkest I have experienced. I wept until I was completely dehydrated and numb, and yet, in those moments I also received one of the most profound gifts of my life.
I was allowed to experience Mary.
Thanks to all I had been taught growing up Catholic, I knew to call on Mary in my pain. I began to pray the ‘Hail Mary’, aloud and silently, and when that seemed too much, I fell into simply saying her name. “Mary, Mary, Mary,” and as I did, I could feel her presence in that room. She did not come gradually, but suddenly and all at once, as if she had been just waiting for me to call."
Sharing the super bowl party with Ruth and Paul and family, also fun to have John's fiancé and her parents to join in our low key family time... always a delight with the little ones!
10 month old Joy is especially fun to watch in front of me, as she loves her dad to distraction and allowed him to place the beloved topknot in her dark red hair!
Yes, returning to this place of profound loss, as I had two 20 week old sons lost after John... I too clung to Mary, but by far the place where the rosary became for me a life-line to cling to and her "Hail Mary" become with each beat of my heart and every breath that I take... when the storm hit called John's brain cancer. "Mom, this is the storm and Jesus is in control." Hallel reminded me. Mary would help return me to that place of trust in her Son moment by moment, how I tried to snatch the control in my helplessness!
Then to my delight she played with the wooden hosts and paten and chalice that we have had in our home since a Hospice ball almost 20 years ago! John probably played with it and for sure all the 15 grandkids! It was made by the man that did much of the remodel on this home years ago! Joy's first time!
Such a beautiful picture of the glory of the Lord filling his newly built temple in the first reading from I Kings 8! When we through Mary make of our inner temple a place where we honor and love him with heartfelt prayer... the glory fills our hearts, minds and souls! How better to spend our days in prayer than with the rosary beads and our prayers lifting up to Jesus through Mary? I am thrilled that Nancy speaks of a daily rosary and helping others to find her there with her loving arms open to us!
"And I can honestly say that I know Mary now. I tasted her love for me. I was able to touch, for just a few minutes, her tender hand and I know now that those same hands are holding my little Maximilian up in heaven.
The knowledge that Mary is really there has changed everything. I cling to my Rosary and attempt to carry her with me everywhere.
And not just that, it has set me on a mission.
It breaks my heart to think that so many people face pain and suffering without Mary at their side, especially when she is so willing to fly to their side, if only they call. So, I am on a mission to increase Marian devotion through the Rosary.
The mission has begun with me. I have committed to a daily Rosary for the rest of my life.
Next, I’m working to build Marian devotion in my family. This will be a central focus for us during Lent."
"Daddy try it... Jesus is wonderful!"
Nancy has given me so much JOY this day! I love how she has taken on the mission of sharing with the world the beauty of having the Mother that Jesus gave each one of us at the foot of the Cross to bring into our homes, and what a life-changing, life-giving Mother she is for families in this fallen world! How do we come close to her? Through the prayer given us... the amazing Rosary!
"And finally, I’m going to do my part of bring the whole world to Mary (aim high, right?!?). This has been one of my top prayer intentions and, as a first step, I created a book to help the faithful go a bit deeper while meditating on the Rosary." Nancy

I am so excited to delve into this myself! LOVE!
Rose came over and administered the Body and Blood of Christ to her dad and sister!
The Gospel is a thing of beauty!!!
"As they were leaving the boat, people immediately recognized him.
They scurried about the surrounding country
and began to bring in the sick on mats
to wherever they heard he was.
Whatever villages or towns or countryside he entered,
they laid the sick in the marketplaces
and begged him that they might touch only the tassel on his cloak;
and as many as touched it were healed." Mark 6
Nothing better than the description of St Mark himself! The Hope that filled the people on seeing Jesus and how they rushed to meet him! Begging him to come close enough for them to touch the tassel on his cloak, and their faith led to them being healed as well as the love and forgiveness of Jesus, who is here to save as he was then and heal as he did then and share the Kingdom as he did then! May we recognize Him in Word and Sacrament!
Can her smile be any more infectious? Joy is such a perfect name for this wonderful baby girl!
Jesus, once again this day is filled with your glory and Truth! St Agatha recognized you in her facing of the Cross and torture and death, and by embracing that Cross she found LIFE eternal, LOVE everlasting, and LIGHT in the darkness of sin and death! What else matters? May we die to self so that you may live in our lives - most especially in our domestic Church/family. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
A beautiful statue of Mary with Jesus in St Simon and St Jude in Flandreau, SD. My dad helped here with deaconing for 3 years.
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
How I love the ways I have been able to reach out and touch his tassel and be healed! Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke

He asks us to love his mother from the Cross!!! Bring her into your home!!!

St. Agatha, Pray for Us!

This month is dedicated to the Holy Family. Everywhere you look the family institution is being attacked in our world; let us look to Jesus, Mary and Joseph as an ultimate example and guide for our family. #JMJ #HolyFamily #prayforus

#SaintoftheDay St. Agatha (231-251 A.D.) was born in Sicily into an affluent family. At a young age she made the decision to devote herself to Christ, resisting every offer of marriage. Struck by her beauty and wealth, a magistrate named Quintian desired to marry her. He plotted to use his political power to force her hand, and threatened to prosecute her for the crime of Christianity unless she a...ccepted his sexual advances. When she refused, he forced her into a brothel. Even there, she refused to relinquish her chastity. Furious, Quintian imprisoned and tortured Agatha, ordering her breasts to be cut off. Upon this barbaric treatment, God sent St. Peter the Apostle to Agatha in a vision, and he healed her wounds. St. Agatha’s torture continued until an earthquake caused her captors to flee, and she died shortly after. St. Agatha is the patroness of rape victims, torture victims, martyrs, nurses, and against breast cancer. She is one of the seven women, besides the Virgin Mary, mentioned by name in the Roman Canon of the Mass. Her feast day is February 5th. #MorningOffering See More
If we are the body - Casting Crowns
If I touch him - Danielle Rose
the Litany of Humility - Danielle Rose
Danielle Rose - A mother's song - The Crucifixion in her rosary CD






No comments:
Post a Comment