Sunday, February 4, 2018

Revisiting a wonderful place

Easter 1998 in Colman, SD where my parents were living and dad was taking care of the parish just 90 miles from my door to theirs'.  They got 3 years of farm life on the prairie! 
I went to a cattle sale yesterday in the neighboring town to Colman, and Pat stopped in so that I could take a peak at this special place!  How I loved my time buzzing down whenever I wanted to see them and it was just a fun trip. 
Mary welcomes us over the door... from the inside!
The beautiful altar in this small town Catholic Church in the middle of cow/calf/corn and bean country.  I was raised a city girl and married a farmer in SW MN, so it was fun to share my life up close with my parents surrounded by corn fields and lots of cows with calves!
The altar is so special and the crucifix is demanding of our attention!

Alex getting baptized in Colman in 1998 at Easter when many of our family came for their last time in Colman before they moved to their home on Lake Michigan in Manistique, MI!

LOVE!!  My dad is a permanent deacon in The Catholic Church!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
A sweet side chapel devoted to Mary and the protection of the unborn!  Jesus, loves all life and any life in the womb is loved and meant to be!  We honor all life from conception to natural death!









No comments:

Post a Comment