Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Jesus is in control... "you have no idea what your life will be like tomorrow..." James 4

Hand in hand and sharing their faith foremost in their love... placing their lives in His hands as Jesus is in control!  Do they stand still and wait for him to move them in the right direction?  No, they go forward and try good options that come there way... like John applying for 3 part time jobs at the same time, asking for direction..  Doors will open and close and they Trust!
 
St James in the first reading today reminded us that we cannot plan our lives or control them or those around us...
Beloved:
Come now, you who say,
"Today or tomorrow we shall go into such and such a town,
spend a year there doing business, and make a profit"–
you have no idea what your life will be like tomorrow.
You are a puff of smoke that appears briefly and then disappears.
Instead you should say,
"If the Lord wills it, we shall live to do this or that."
Yesterday while mowing and hoeing... I was struck by how things looked dry and pondered watering... Good thing I didn't because we are getting BOUNTIFUL RAINS from heaven this morning!  I have a towel brigade going where it is trying to flood my basement.  if this seems choppy today.... The window is open and the rain sounds wonderful just the same! 


Much in morning prayer about Life-giving water, and I am witnessing it first hand here today.  The crops are in and now the rain... as Pat is famous for saying;  "Rain makes grain."  I will add... to feed the world!
Keep your heads above water flowers and Our Lady, Mother of The Church! 


This day I was struck by the suddenness of our lives changing unexpectedly and how we need to rely on HIM!  A sweet young friend informed me that there was no heartbeat on her ultrasound and that she is losing her baby to miscarriage... now twice in the last few months!  Another is battling the return of cancer in her daughter... Why Lord?  And how we need it all over to Jesus and Trust through Mary!  Jesus, is in control in the storms of life and all the other times, too!


Yes, this came so real to me with John's battle against brain cancer 9 years ago, and with grandson, Patrick, born dead and brought back to life.  I have also experienced His plan over my own... first hand with my many losses and wish to have one more to show the world that I didn't take measures to quit having children after I had my boy! 
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
United in sacrificial love... John impresses me when we pray together as often he speaks of "sacrificial love" when he prays for how he can love Bobbi better!


 When you are waiting for marriage when the whole world believes the lie that you should live together to see if you are made for each other and can survive marriage.  Waiting to consummate  is true love and sacrificial love in how it is difficult, and yet so rewarding to take up your Most Cherished Cross and follow after Jesus' Truth which he shares with us through the wisdom of The Church! 


John also has a first hand understanding of how we need to die to our selfishness and put the other first in marriage, by seeing how poorly I do at this!  His prayer for his dad and I each day..."That mom and dad may love each other even when they don't want to."  My girls teach me how I should be better in being "life-giving" in all I do and say to Pat!  Lord, I want to do better!
3 years ago at my parents, just shortly before my dad had a new valve put in his heart. They will be married 69 years this summer!  After a recent scare with my dad... each day is precious! 


 Praying with them for our huge family now numbering over 210!  How we rely on those prayers!  I am asking Jesus if my parents can get here for the wedding next week? 
With the years of asking and waiting for his plan to be revealed... to finally know is very sweet indeed!  I can only imagine!

Walking up the aisle on my wedding day with my parents!  Pat had told his sisters years before that he would only marry a Catholic!  Looking back and our conversion... all 13 of us coming into The Church led by my parents 6 years before my marriage... Pat's prayers for me were instrumental in our swimming against the tide and coming into The Church at Vatican 2!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html


I just read this comment on our page devoted to our marriage and message/ministry of being open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS!
Many smiles as I read this... and a few moments where I teared up, too. Every young couple should read this story and catch a glimpse into what God has planned for a husband and wife who are totally devoted to His Plan for them.
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html

True Sacrificial LOVE!  The prefect Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world!  He invites us to take up our own Most Precious Cross and follow him to find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!


Jesus, I am yours wholly and completely.  May I trust in you with no hesitation and even when it is painful and hard that I may die to self so that you may live in me!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
My gardens and the fields got some life-giving waters from heaven!  It looked like we had lakefront property... moving to the prairie from the big cities.  I wondered why the ability to see the lights of Marshall as I came down Hwy 59 towards Marshall looked so familiar?  Spending the summers on Lake Michigan and seeing the lights of Traverse City at night looked the same.  The prairie visibility is like living on a big lake!  LOVE to see all around me.  Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke

Love this and so true!  Farmers truly have to give over control to HIM!
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text
The Truth is all there is that is worth while in our lives!
Image may contain: 5 people, indoor
Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church.
How I love Mary, Jesus, all the Saints and The Church!!!



Image may contain: 1 person, hat, beard and text
Love this... talk about The Truth!
Image may contain: text
The Gospel today - Mark 9
Praying for healing in families today!



Image may contain: text


Ginny Owens - If you want me to
Hillary Scott - Thy will be done
Lauren Daigle - I will trust in you
Tauren Wells - Hills and Valleys

Checked out Maria's blog... some treasures!!!  Therese with her amazing gifting of baby blankets!  LOVE!

family art time, and...

The works of art!!  LOVE so much!

Ready for wrestling dad!!!  Ju Jitsu is teaching them a lot!

Red head, Romeo, discovering his adorable freckles!  Soon we will all be together.... in just about a week from now!  Wow!







Evie's hair that is a reminder of baby Therese, her now 10 year old big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment