I was feeling kind of at a loss where I should go with my sharing today... the void was filled to overflowing with deep sharing and the busy life on the farm, which reminded me that each day is unto it's own and filled with God moments if only I am open and listen to HIM in Word and Sacrament and prayer and Faith/Family/Farm!
Happy 2nd birthday today sweet Josephine Francis! We love you and miss celebrating with you today!
A phone conversation with a friend suffering with the sudden loss of her only son left us with many tears and questions. I look to the only mother of all mothers, who has been with me through all the hard times I have faced.. John, Patrick, losses in my child bearing years including two stillbirths, the hardships of each day... uniting in prayer with Our Lady, Queen of heaven of earth and Mother of us all!!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
Time with Joy today as I am needed to care for the kids while Ruth farms. "How many pictures have you taken already grandma?" says my husband. Yes, I love to capture kids on the farm!
Loading the corn to go out and put in the planter... the crop is going into the ground, and all else is done around that. Planting is our number one job on the farm at this time, and when the sun shines we are hard at it!
Joy and the pigs nose to nose... they wanted to nibble on her fingers and that wasn't appreciated/grandma had to rescue her.
My friend, Diana, wept with the deepest of grief at the loss of her precious only son, Wolfgang. All I could weep with her, and listen to her agony at the sudden death due by accident where no goodbyes can be shared or preparation made. One minute they are your world, and the next they are gone! "I have peace knowing that I always told him I loved him." "I now tell others that I love them, even when it is awkward."
Farmkids watching the farmers at work at a safe distance.
A mother, who had lost her only son... suddenly her whole world is empty and filled with excruciating pain... we were led to recall another mother, who stood at the foot of the Cross and looked upon her Son/God made man , who was brutally killed on the cross. The Mother of all of us, and for Diana, who has lost her own mother... Mary the Mother of God is there with her arms open to comfort her in her need! I shared how the rosary prayer was a lifeline for me through all the most difficult of times in my life, and with each new day the peace flows in and around me as I repeat those words from the Gospel that make up each "Hail Mary!"
Joy looks a little worried, and after having her fingers nibbled on... she is probably scared of them. Give her a few years and hopefully this summer she will "walking the pigs" which is done each evening as we get closer to the fair in August.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
I will not leave you orphans, says the Lord;
I will come back to you, and your hearts will rejoice.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Hallelujah before the Gospel today... Fills us with the knowledge that we are beloved to Jesus and his Mother, with him forever in heaven along with all the glorious Saints to which we can ask for assistance on this journey through the dark valley!
Today St Damien!!
Love when they get curious and put their snouts in the air! Cute alert!
Jesus, we are lost without you, and we are broken by this world. May we find our LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT through our embracing our cross and following after you as we are called to do.
'A little while and you will not see me,
and again a little while and you will see me'?
Amen, amen, I say to you,
you will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices;
you will grieve, but your grief will become joy." These words of Jesus in the Gospel today/John 16 echo the pain Diana shared with me. The loss of our loved ones from this world... how can we survive? By keeping our eyes on heaven, and having the knowledge that we will be united with them for eternity if only we die to self so that the Holy Spirit may dwell in us and we can become his hands and feet and voice evangelizing The Truth. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
How we long for life to be sweet, but without the hard times and the pain the sweetness would not be near so special. If all life was without hard times... it would be boring and dull!
Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
Your life on the farm will be filled with ups and downs... never a dull moment and filled with "adventures" makes you a very lucky girl!
Grandpa scooping out corn by the bucket...

I did not know him personally, but he was a special man, who died too young...

Diana and Wolfgang... love in picture form! When I asked if I could share about her grief today..."Yes, I don't want him ever to be forgotten."

My sister, Paula, was her friend from college and flew to be with her in her grief!
Wolfgang Wyatt Forbes was born September 6, 1994, in Los Angeles CA. Wolfgang was named after Mozart and his mother's love of music. He started playing drums at 5 and guitar at 7. His compassion and gentle spirit was known to anyone he met. AA was a large part of his life and he helped many people in the program. As a child, he had a beautiful garden at 9 years of age and appreciated nature. This led to his education and graduation as a geologist. In his short 23 years on Earth his impact will live on in the countless people who he inspired with his kindness
May is devoted to Mother Mary

From 1873 to 1889, St. Damien served a community of people with leprosy on the Hawaiian islands. After his death, his body was buried in his native country of Belgium, but later, his right hand was taken back to Hawaii to be buried in the land of the people he loved and served.

Nancy has encountered Mary very personally when she lost her 5 month boy, Maximilian... a stillbirth 5 months in the womb...
http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2018/02/mary-is-real-and-she-loves-you-2.html
She writes:
The hours we spent waiting for Maximilian to be delivered were some of the darkest I have experienced. I wept until I was completely dehydrated and numb, and yet, in those moments I also received one of the most profound gifts of my life.
I was allowed to experience Mary.
Thanks to all I had been taught growing up Catholic, I knew to call on Mary in my pain. I began to pray the ‘Hail Mary’, aloud and silently, and when that seemed too much, I fell into simply saying her name. “Mary, Mary, Mary,” and as I did, I could feel her presence in that room. She did not come gradually, but suddenly and all at once, as if she had been just waiting for me to call.
Thinking back on those moments I can visualize exactly where she was standing in the room, just to the right of my bed, looking directly at me. I never doubted that she was really there, right there. But more than anything I remember feeling a deep stillness emanating from where she stood. I knew she was there gazing on me with love.
My experience of Mary was really quite simple. There were no bright lights or premonitions or words from heaven. Just a feeling of peace and love, and the comfort of knowing that she was there and she loved me.

















No comments:
Post a Comment