Saturday, May 5, 2018

"Ruth put together your new table and we are having our first meal on the porch!" One foot in front of the other down the narrow path!

Pat called while mom and I were heading to the grocery store... "Ruth put our new table together and we are eating our first meal on the porch!"  So beautiful to see the farm family sharing a wonderful meal together on the new porch in our wonderful new huge table and chairs! 
My family's support these days back home is so big in how I am able to find some peace in the midst of this stressful time and concentrate on helping my parents at this overwhelming and difficult time for them.  Ruth has been wonderful in caring for her dad... making him lunch for the field and including him at meals in the evening, "and I held Joy on my lap!" 
It looks like Ruth had fun with some stunning special plates that match my wonderful coral chairs!  Joy approves with her wonderful joyfilled smile!!! 

Pat is so encouraging for me to stay here as long as it takes to get my parents into a better place and knowing that he is getting cared for and things that are hanging over my head are getting done for me.... it is one of the small pieces that adds up to the whole of helping me parents through this time of change.
Thanks Ruth for the pictures and the happy family times between all the busyness!  A gift to me... you know so well!

Today in the first reading we read of St Paul's journeys to many cities with this person or that..."As they traveled from city to city,"  Acts 16  It really came close to home with Hallel told me about a 37 mile hike over the weekend a week ago with camping in the cold during the night with 50+ young adults!  She suffered from horrible blisters in the balls of her feet and could barely walk.  Now all those cities St Paul walked to for probably hundreds and hundreds of miles... that really impresses upon me how much was called of him as he evangelized the world!!!

"Day after day the churches grew stronger in faith
and increased in number."
Lord, allow me to evangelize from this platform and increase to number, who see your Truth!
Luke drinking grandpa's diet pop on a most glorious day on our newly redone porch and my new table, chairs and plates!  Thank you, Ruth, and family!

During the night Paul had a vision.
A Macedonian stood before him and implored him with these words,
"Come over to Macedonia and help us."
When he had seen the vision,
we sought passage to Macedonia at once,
concluding that God had called us to proclaim the Good News to them."  Acts 16 continues today...
I love how Paul without hesitation follows the promptings of the Holy Spirit in his life!  My father has done that in ours.  I love to have this time with them and pray that soon we will get things to a better and more manageable place for them.
My siblings and myself - all 11 of us about 45+years ago!  These days of gathering with numerous siblings and speaking to others has been a bonding and important part of this time in my family.  I have had to apologize for my being snappy at times, and I do not want "wars" to mar our pulling together to help my parents. 

I am appreciative to 2 sisters that have forgiven my poor behavior in the midst of this emotional time for us!  An experience today where the words I have spoken vanished as if they had never passed my lips!  Now that is pure forgiveness and LOVE!  I am so thankful and healed by this! 
Shortly after the addition of 4 siblings in our beloved Michigan!  Life has been an amazing adventure and so it continues!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and hallelujah
Two years ago today... the farmwives in Ruth's newly remodeled farm house.  We were planting beans this day and the lilacs were in full bloom, and my mother in law only had 7 months left with us!  We might start planting our first kernel of corn tomorrow evening!  Much later this year, but each year is according to His Plan!  Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
It is peaceful nap/rest time around here.  My rosary beads are calling out to me, and I so usually doze off too!  There was such a special moment shared with my mom and sister, Marty... we were sharing about Nancy's trip to Fatima recently, and how Billy and Nancy had crawled on their knees the length of 2 football fields reciting their rosary there combining the penance with the prayer of the rosary!  "I have that peace wash over me as I begin to pray my rosary." I shared.  My mother and sister were nodding with me and I knew we were united in this!  I am so blessed to share the Beauty of Our Lady with so many close to me!  "I love her and the rosary."  my mother shared with JOY!
At home together and where they hope to remain through thick and thin!
 https://beecatholic.com/7-times-the-virgin-mary-has-visited-mankind/
Image may contain: 2 people, text\
Upon learning her son was living an immoral life St. Monica prayed and fasted for him. This son later became the great St. Augustine! So many have fallen away from the True Faith. Perhaps you have a family member or loved one who has been caught in this terrible spiritual snare. Tens of thousands of #Catholics are uniting to pray for their conversion in a powerful prayer campaign. Learn more at http://www.catholicaction.org/heaven_by_storm_1115. Let us pray for those who have fallen away from the Church. #StMonicaPrayforUs
Image may contain: 3 people
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Image may contain: text
Image may contain: 1 person, hat and text


Image may contain: text


Image may contain: 1 person, standing, outdoor and text
The Annual Walk to Mary
May 5, 2018
Starts at the National Shrine of St. Joseph in DePere, WI (St. Norbert College) and ends 21 miles later at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help in Champion, WI.
Pray for Us.

Image may contain: text


Image may contain: 2 people, hat and text







No comments:

Post a Comment