I have been given permission to spend some time in adoration today, so I will give this a quick share today! I think I hear applause!!!
So windy and she had a cold with a runny nose, too! The kitty was picture perfect with a baby girl stroking and poking and pulling his ears.
Today is the feast of St Joseph the worker! I loved what Pope Francis wrote about him...
"What is said about Joseph can be summarized like this: accept the mission from God, let yourself be led by God, embrace the hardship and danger in order to save the Savior. Joseph saves Mary's reputation, the lineage of Jesus, the integrity of the Child, his rootedness in the land of Israel... Joseph is also saved from an isolated life, from a life that would have been perhaps less turbulent, but that would have lacked the consolation of carrying God in his arms." - Pope Francis (as Jorge Mario Bergoglio)
My coming to find my Most Cherished Cross later in life and the fact that he has gifted me with a crazy life which I fondly refer to "never a dull moment." I can so relate to St Joseph embracing the turbulence that came to him in being the husband of Mary and Father of Jesus! From the crazy life comes the JOY of "carrying God in his arms" and heart!
Just communicating with a dear friend, who is early in her pregnancy, after a miscarriage. Sharing with her how we are holding up 4 pregnant women now in a litany of prayer! She is facing fear after her loss, yet trying to find some measure of peace and joy...cherishing the new life within her! This fits so well with the message from Pope Francis to us today as we are carrying a small slice of God/new LIFE in our wombs and long to have them in our arms!
Joy in her beloved grandpa Patrick's hat while he helped bring in the new couches with her mom.
I see some resemblance with her big sister Rose Again... this is Rose 5 years ago when she was one year old and the little face and the pug nose and the brown eyes! Rose is 6 today!!! Happy Birthday, Rose Ida. I just called Hallel and she knew that it was Rose again's birthday today! Why Rose Again? Because she heard her name in mass during the creed and that makes her smile so big and special every Sunday when she hears it! It is what she prefers to be called, too!
Rose with her best cousin, Bernadette, who will join her at 6 in November.
Rose with younger brother, Luke, at Bobbi's shower!!! The excitement is building!!! John came down to breakfast this morning loudly proclaiming that we are into the last month. Just talking to Hallel she asked if we have done anything about tickets to France for her wedding in August. "We are just focusing on John and Bobbi as we are getting so close now." l
Rose is getting another wonderful aunt, and our family will grow to 26 in a month and another on the way! We so love to share the "turbulence" of our big crazy amazing family as we are open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS!
My prayer/adoration is calling out to me!! So much as usual to share here from all that is given to me with each new day in The glorious amazing Catholic Church!
Jesus said to his disciples:
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give it to you.
Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid." John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give it to you.
Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid." John 14:27
How I am clinging to this in he midst of all that is pulling at me these days leading up to our huge family wedding! I am finding my anchor in the storm for my ship in the most wonderful hour of my week in adoration where I am able to place each member of our families in the monstrance with Jesus! LOVE!
A new place for stopping in the midst of the craziness of life and pray... the marker has been placed on the grave of our grandson, Max!!! So special and beautiful and appropriate as Nancy encountered the comfort and help from Mary during her loss! http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2018/02/mary-is-real-and-she-loves-you-2.html
Jesus, we love you and I yearn to sit at your feet with Mary today... May I also do the work I need to do as Martha did and as St Joseph modeled for us! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and hallelujah

Paul took these of our cows and calves on CRP land...
Working with the MN DNR to manage some of their grasslands near my place. Our cattle act as the buffalo did long ago by clearing old growth and creating paths for young birds and animals to safely pass. The DNR then doesn’t have to burn which reduces air pollution. Farmers caring for the environment!



O Glorious St. Joseph, model of all those who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my natural inclinations, to work with gratitude and joy, in a spirit of penance for the remission of my sins, considering it an honor to employ and develop by means of labor the gifts received from God, to work with order, peace, moderation and patienc...e, without ever shrinking from weariness and difficulties, to work above all with purity of intention and detachment from self, having always death before my eyes and the account that I must render of time lost, of talents wasted, of good omitted, of vain complacency in success, so fatal to the work of God. All for Jesus, all through Mary, all after thine example, O Patriarch, St. Joseph. Such shall be my watch-word in life and in death.
Amen.
Amen.

Mary month!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment