Friday, August 23, 2019

Ruth Ida Rose and Rose Ida celebrate with St Rose of Lima today! Reading from Ruth today, too!

Image may contain: 2 people
Ruth and Rose 6 years ago in the kitchen as we were canning.  Today they are at the State Fair supporting Simon and Mary, who are showing pigs.

Today is the feast of St Rose of Lima, the patron Saint Ruth chose at confirmation.  She is a good fit for Ruth with her doing hand work, which has been true of Ruth since she learned how to crochet from her grandma Anna and has made afghan after afghan since.
Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting, tree and outdoor
This is now my porch as we traded places 3 years ago.  Rose is now 7 and going into 2nd grade and will be having her first Communion this year!  Ruth was pregnant with Luke, too!

When they were having their second daughter, Ruth was not sure about using Rose for her name.  She liked it but just could not come up with a middle name.  I suggested that she just use that familiar and big family name "Ida".  Ruth Ida Rose and now Rose Ida!  The rest is history!
Rose with Big Dave, Bernadette and Josephine having a snowball fight in July by Our Lady!

It was so cool to do evening prayer with Pat last night after getting back home from my parents' home.  My chapel on wheels was filled with so many prayers all the way home and Christian music to keep me on my toes through the Cities traffic.  When we came to the readings and Saint for the day... St Rose and then we saw that the OT Reading was from Ruth!  Wow!  The Spirit was a moving!
The granddaughters - Rose is #3... the boys outnumber the girls 11 to 7!

Ruth is such a sweet small intimate book in the Old Testament!  I fell in love with the name Ruth after working with a fellow nurse in my early nursing career, whose name was Ruth.  Pat and I liked short and pretty names, so our daughter #1 is Ruth!

These words from Ruth 1 today in the first reading on the Feast day of St Rose;
But Ruth said, "Do not ask me to abandon or forsake you!
For wherever you go, I will go, wherever you lodge I will lodge,
your people shall be my people, and your God my God."
 Rose with her wonderful dad and sibs on Father's Day by St Joseph!
Wonderful Ruth with her dad on Father's Day and her youngest daughter, 2 year old Joy!

Each week I am spending time with my mother and a few years back I was able to be with my mother-in-law spending days and nights with her as she spent 2 years on hospice in her home.  These words of Ruth and loyalty to her widowed mother-in-law seem close to what I am experiencing with my two mothers over these last years.  Also I appreciate the great women of Faith they both have been in my life and how they brought me deeper in my faith in The True Church!
Rose loves to hold Jude!  She is a baby lover much like her grandpa Pat and mom!

Jesus, how we are overwhelmed by your many graces and blessings that come to us with each new day!  Today we are rejoicing with St Rose and the book of Ruth!  How we love to feel your personal touch upon us!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
Ruth and Rose in the Big Lake Michigan 6 summers ago!  Rose just was so much missing Michigan!  We have fake plans to go next summer her and I!  Very fake plans, but we yearn for our sand and clear water!  "You can stand in water up to your chest and look down and see your toes!"
Rose showing beef with her dad!  WE love to give her smiles when we do the creed and say "rose again".  LOVE!
Jeremy Camp - Dead man walking
I have been listening to Christian music on the road!



No comments:

Post a Comment